ACrawford69

Jun 15, 2016
I have a MXQ and I brought it somewhere the other day and it was working fine. I unplugged from one room and went to a different room and plugged it back in. The power light was dim and nothing happens. The remote does nothing and I have even tried a toothpick to the reset button. Nothing. I have searched, but found nothing so far. Please help as my dad says of I can't fix it, I have to pay for another.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It is possible that you are not doing the factory reset right - check this video for Mxq type boxes.

Another possibility is a faulty power adaptor - it might be worth checking if you have another or buying one - cheaper than replacing the machine.

Of course another possibility is a hardware failure on the box. If you bought from Droidbox within the last 12 months it will still likely be under warranty. Maybe call support to discuss the issue and have your purchase details handy.

ACrawford69

Jun 15, 2016
I have already tried a different power cable, and I had the same result. I even tried the original on a different box, and the other box worked fine, so it is not the cable. As for the reset, I have tried multiple lights. I think this may be hardware. It was purchased from Amazon so I will check and see if I can get another.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Check out the boxes from Droidbox on the main web page. There are special offers on at the moment as well. You will get a warranty, good support and access to a strong user community as you will have seen from this forum.