mole

Dec 14, 2015
Any body else have this happen after turning the tv off the Clock Disappears when leaving box on & turning TV back on also droping HDMI Signal

VectisDragon

Mar 5, 2017
Any body else have this happen after turning the tv off the Clock Disappears when leaving box on & turning TV back on also droping HDMI Signal
I keep getting HDMI signal drop out. I don't turn box of at night as very hit and miss if system will load. Get as far as home screen but clock freezes saying Boot and only remote button that works is the power one. So just leave it turned on now

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mole

Dec 14, 2015
That's the problem i can not leave the box on because when i turn the Tv back on it will not find the HDMI Signal & then the Clock just disappears on the front of Box !

Then i have to Turn off the box then as you say it's Hit n Miss as to it whether it Freezes on start up!

Reactions: VectisDragon

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you both drop us an email please? See the link in my sig, we'll need a link to this forum thread and your order ID or postcode of the delivery address.
Also, which controller/button are you using to shut down, we'll see if there is a pattern. There is an option on some devices related to a remote's power button, I'd like to see if that has any effect on the issues you're encountering.

VectisDragon

Mar 5, 2017
Can you both drop us an email please? See the link in my sig, we'll need a link to this forum thread and your order ID or postcode of the delivery address.
Also, which controller/button are you using to shut down, we'll see if there is a pattern. There is an option on some devices related to a remote's power button, I'd like to see if that has any effect on the issues you're encountering.
Message Sent. Happens with both remote's

mole

Dec 14, 2015

Wultic

Apr 22, 2017
Hi there, just got my box they other day having the same issues, is there a fix, thanks for any answers.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Wultic can you open the Play Store (see https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/first-run-of-googles-play-store/ if you've not used it before). Search for Nova , and install the launcher. It should look something like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en_GB
When you next press the home button, you will be asked which launcher you want to use. Please select Nova. You can access your applications from the App Drawer there, should be a circle with six dots.
If you don't use the DroidBOX launcher for a couple of days and the device behaves, can you let us know, as I'd like to collect some more data to try and figure this out.
Should exclusively using the Nova launcher for a day or two not improve things, feel free to uninstall it.
If you get a moment, could you also let us know the make and model of your TV, see if we can find a pattern here.

VectisDragon

Mar 5, 2017
@Wultic can you open the Play Store (see https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/first-run-of-googles-play-store/ if you've not used it before). Search for Nova , and install the launcher. It should look something like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en_GB
When you next press the home button, you will be asked which launcher you want to use. Please select Nova. You can access your applications from the App Drawer there, should be a circle with six dots.
If you don't use the DroidBOX launcher for a couple of days and the device behaves, can you let us know, as I'd like to collect some more data to try and figure this out.
Should exclusively using the Nova launcher for a day or two not improve things, feel free to uninstall it.
If you get a moment, could you also let us know the make and model of your TV, see if we can find a pattern here.
I started using TVLauncher https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.awe.dev.pro.tv works perfect

Wultic

Apr 22, 2017
Hi again downloaded nova but still sticks on boot.is es file explorer a pre installed app because it keeps going there after start up and even if i start searching through homepage it can jump back to it, would I be safe enough to uninstall it.i don't appear to have the problems on libreelec. My TVs is a smart Panasonic, I will try to tv launcher. Thanks again for your help.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
ES File Explorer, you can uninstall it, yes. You can also disable the USB (storage in this case I'm assuming) device notification via the Settings area in the app. Let us know if you need a hand there.

Wultic

Apr 22, 2017
That seems to have fixed it thanks, I was hoping to put iptv on my libreelec,would I be able to put a 128gb memory card in my v2 box. Cheers.