ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
My reciever was playing Dolby digital with my droid box but this seems to have reverted back to pro logic. Can anyone advise audio settings etc please.

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
Cheers Dave had that before perhaps there not up in 5.1 can you point to any that are for a test run please.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you gone to NaviX, go in and the last 24 hrs then near the top are some 5.1 movies. Try them and see if they work.
I've noticed over the last few months 5.1 movies are getting harder to find, I think because most people now get sound bars as one speaker looks better then a 5.1 set up.
I've got a 6.1 set up and its been set up for Sacd and dvda as I'm a music lover. Sounds great with movies too.

Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I normally listen to dvda and sacds and the pure audio blu rays. As for streaming I use Tunein radio and Groove shark, but that's no more.
I prefer pure audio to heavily compressed music. Steven Wilson latest blu ray (Hand cannot erase)DTS master, sounds amazing in 6.1. It's like he's in the room with you.

Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Ha! I'll one up that "shopping all day" just a little :)
They just left for Kazakhstan, won't see her or our son for six weeks. Daughter still here (finishing school term first). Pretty sure I'd have bruises and a high pitched voice if I purchased and installed audio hardware right now.
I've got some of the hardware, just not enough amps to connect my 80s surround sound system up, or a modern amp to run it all in one without a preamp.

Reactions: David Savage

ian maddox

Aug 16, 2014
I sent my wife out shopping all day, when see came home a speaker fairy had been and installed a very nice set up with amp and sub too.....:D

thats the sort of thing i would do aswell. ive recently gone for a DENON AV amp , excellent for the value and sound is amazing paired with my Q audio 5.1 speaker and sub set up . the tech on amps moves so fast now though , would love to hear the new dolby atmos ? but guess i will be waiting a fe years till next upgrade.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Dolby Atmos and DTSx are all height surround sound, in a small room don't think I would notice. More for custom builds, plus you can buy speakers to go on top of the current speakers. I would prefer ceiling speakers firing down in a 6.4.2 set up. The 2 is for 2 subs, I to have a Denon amp and use B&W 6 series speakers and sub. I'm like yourself can't upgrade yet, but maybe soon. Nice to chat.... bye for now :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ian maddox