Tim Monahan

Apr 2, 2016
Not sure if anyone else has hit this problem, but I implemented a system update last night, and after the Android "O" had rotated for a few minutes, and the status monitor achieved 100%, the box just reverted to a black screen.
I have been onto the Beelink King Facebook site, and it is a known problem. They said the update had been suspended, but last night it was still active.
There are links on the Facebook site that are supposed to enable a fix, but box owners are saying the process does not work.
I am about to try, and I'll let you know how I get on.

I have tried a factory reset, but apart from clearing the data on the box, it still does not boot.

Hope anyone reading this is doing so before they try an update! Had the box for some time now, and this is the first problem I have had.
I am hoping my box is not a paperweight, as there will be no warranty on it now!

Tim Monahan

Apr 2, 2016
OK, I managed to recover the GT King, following these instructions.
I have model B922
Recovery process is easy (if you know how to do) ;)
1. Download old firmware version 912P0 from this thread Beelink Forum - http://forum.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=70895&extra=page%3D1
2. I used option for SD card, so prepare your microSD card (format FAT32) and copy downloaded files
3. If your card is ready, put in to device, connect HDMI and power cable
4. Put pin in small hole (bottom of the device) in order to do hard reset (press and hold about 10-15 sec)
5. After that device should restart and start read data from SD card, installation progress should appear on screen.

I now have the task of reloading all my programmes, but at least the experience gave the box a good clear out!

S Cristian

Cris
Staff member
Dec 20, 2016
London
droix.co.uk
Hi Tim,

That's awesome (the fact that you managed to get this back to life) - and great job for figuring it out. Usually, reflashing firmware is what fixes most system-wide issues.

However, if you do encounter any more issues we are one email away (support@droix.co.uk)

PS: We will make a Blog post out of this just to help any other people with the same issue

GPD WIN 3 with Dock and Case Sale