1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Download Manager

Discussion in 'M8 and T8 (Both with LED clock on the front)' started by djfatboyrob, Aug 17, 2016.

1. djfatboyrob

djfatboyrob Member

Hi all

On my DroidBOX T8 I'm currently downloading movies from Exodus onto an external usb hard drive for offline viewing.
    Does anyone know of a way to monitor the progress of my download other than waiting for the little dialogue box to pop up.

As always any help is appreciated

2. angela

angela Well-Known Member

Hi, Take a look at this video, from about 3.45 may give you some help.

3. djfatboyrob

djfatboyrob Member

Thanks @angela

I guess that's a no then.

Appreciated

4. angela

angela Well-Known Member

Hi Yes i think so unless somebody on the forum knows a workaround.

5. djfatboyrob

djfatboyrob Member

There must be an app, programme add-on or something similar out there @angela not that I'm a tekkie but I would have thought that it would be pretty straight forward enough? ?

6. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Sort of workaround for this: change the trigger points at which Kodi notifies you of the progress.
    Currently/default set to every 10% I believe.

Assuming you're happy editing a text file, https://plus.google.com/104274125908421082644/posts/HkGjMvvtfJR has the details.

If you set to every 1%, then you'd get notifications more frequently at least.

7. djfatboyrob

djfatboyrob Member

Thanks @SilentlyScreaming but this is way out of my depth.
    Where do I even start?

Appreciated

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  8. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Not to worry, try:
    Reboot (if you haven't yet loaded Kodi/DBMC since last turn on, can skip this)

Android Homescreen
    Circle with six dots
    ES File Explorer (close any messages that pop up)
    Expand the LOCAL menu on the left
    Click the Home entry
    Now click on the ANDROID folder, then follow the rest of this path -
    Android
    data
    org.xbmc.kodi
    files
    .kodi (if you can't see this, expand the TOOLS menu on the left handside and turn on the show hidden files option)
    userdata
    addons
    plugin.video.exodus (I believe that is the correct name, if not, look for exodus in a foldername)
    Now find the
    commondownloader.py
    file and click on it. We're aiming to EDIT this text file, so hopefully one of the apps offered up will allow this.

Once the file is opened and you find you can edit it, scroll till you find
    notify +=
    presumably it will be set to 10. Alter this to 1, then find the option to SAVE the changes to this file.

You should now be told when file is 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%, 11% ... ... completed, instead of 10%,20% etc

If you're still stuck after that, find a time when you can contact us and be with your device. Ask to speak to Chris (me), and if we're not overly busy I'll remote in and sort it. No promises it will work btw, just going from other people's solutions.