djfatboyrob

May 27, 2015
Usk. Wales
Hi all

On my DroidBOX T8 I'm currently downloading movies from Exodus onto an external usb hard drive for offline viewing.
Does anyone know of a way to monitor the progress of my download other than waiting for the little dialogue box to pop up.

As always any help is appreciated

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, Take a look at this video, from about 3.45 may give you some help.

djfatboyrob

May 27, 2015
Usk. Wales
There must be an app, programme add-on or something similar out there @angela not that I'm a tekkie but I would have thought that it would be pretty straight forward enough? ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Not to worry, try:
Reboot (if you haven't yet loaded Kodi/DBMC since last turn on, can skip this)

Android Homescreen
Circle with six dots
ES File Explorer (close any messages that pop up)
Expand the LOCAL menu on the left
Click the Home entry
Now click on the ANDROID folder, then follow the rest of this path -
Android
data
org.xbmc.kodi
files
.kodi (if you can't see this, expand the TOOLS menu on the left handside and turn on the show hidden files option)
userdata
addons
plugin.video.exodus (I believe that is the correct name, if not, look for exodus in a foldername)
Now find the
commondownloader.py
file and click on it. We're aiming to EDIT this text file, so hopefully one of the apps offered up will allow this.

Once the file is opened and you find you can edit it, scroll till you find
notify +=
presumably it will be set to 10. Alter this to 1, then find the option to SAVE the changes to this file.

You should now be told when file is 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5%, 6%, 7%, 8%, 9%, 10%, 11% ... ... completed, instead of 10%,20% etc

If you're still stuck after that, find a time when you can contact us and be with your device. Ask to speak to Chris (me), and if we're not overly busy I'll remote in and sort it. No promises it will work btw, just going from other people's solutions.