Greenback

Jan 2, 2015
I do not seem to be able to see the Download on Wi-Fi only option on my tv screen,the three so called
dots seem to be missing on the OTA update,all I see is Download with a arrow to the side.Do I need to
do anything to the screen resolution to make it appear maybe?.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Only older versions of the OTA Updater application had this option, there isn't an option to disable downloads over WiFi on the newer applications.
Can you let us know the firmware version it shows as currently installed, when you open the OTA Updates app?
Is there an error message shown when you click the entry to manually check for new updates?

Greenback

Jan 2, 2015
Only older versions of the OTA Updater application had this option, there isn't an option to disable downloads over WiFi on the newer applications.
Can you let us know the firmware version it shows as currently installed, when you open the OTA Updates app?
Is there an error message shown when you click the entry to manually check for new updates?
Lollipop 5.1.1 is the firmware version I am on,surely this a old firmware and newer ones are available?.There is no
error as such when I manually check for new updates,just no updates are available message.I have tried updating with a
SD card to a newer version of Libreelec,i am still on version 7.0.3 Libreelec,but when I did the update I was not able to reboot back to
Android,it was stuck on Libreelec,seems to be some kind of bug.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Android 5.1.1. is the latest supported android version on the t8s plus v1.

I don't believe there is a firmware with a later fully functional version of android for that processor type (amlogic s812)

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Greenback I meant the exact firmware build information shown when you open the OTA Updates application. There will be a date in there, something like 20170801 or 20170108 (made up example, those would be two ways of expressing a firmware made today (YYYYMMDD and YYYYDDMM). If OTA Updates application reports that no updates are to be found, you're likely already running the latest.