twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello

I have had these problems every now and again and this is probably the straw that has broken the camel's back.

My android box is not responding to the remote - it keeps going black and then going to the homepage every time I press enter or forward, backward etc. Rinse and repeat. I have unplugged for 30 minutes still the same problem. I enter Kodi and it has a completely different skin to the one I previously had and then it freezes and goes back to the homepage where problem begins again.

Tried to reset using toothpick but after pressing the click for 5/6 minutes nothing happens. It does not reset.

Discovered I can use wireless mouse but that is limited. Though it has allowed me to see that the wifi is not working and is not connecting. However when I go into settings-more settings-wifi it states that wifi has connected but when i go into setting-network-connect now it just says connecting.....

I know that there is a OTA Updater but that cannot be downloaded only saying waiting for Data connection. I have tried ethernet and closed all wifi options while allowing ethernet options but nothing.

All this because Kodi froze while it was buffering during a football match.

I love android but these problems frustrate me. Really thinking of upgrading box.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Initial view is that you should go into android settings - apps - kodi and clear cache and see if it makes a difference.
If not maybe a call to droidplayer support to see if they can help.
If you do consider upgrading, consider a box from Droidbox (this is their forum). You will get good support and a large user community as evidenced by this forum.
At any rate report back on progress and we'll see if there are other things we can suggest.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Nigelar

Thanks for responding. When I go into apps - kodi all it says on everything is computing. I can force stop or uninstall.

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Thank you. I will let you know if it works. Still says computing but force stop is greyed out so it may take a LONG time.