AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Hi All,

I am trying to use the ITV hub App on a TS, but when try to play on demand it says Cannot play DRM protected content on this device, Any idea anyone?

Cheers

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi All,

I am trying to use the ITV hub App on a TS, but when try to play on demand it says Cannot play DRM protected content on this device, Any idea anyone?

Cheers
I would suggest contacting the app developer to get information as if they allow steaming on open source Android TV boxes or not ( Custom Android ROM device ).

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
It's the ITV Hub App so it would be difficult to speak to the developer, it works on windows no problem so I think its more to do with how it interacts with the Android OS. The problem only occurs when you try to replay on demand services, Live TV is ok. Any help much appreciated.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Most android boxes (and some lesser-known phone brands) encounter issues streaming from more "formal" services, typically because the manufacturers don't opt to go for Google's Widevine DRM certification.
So you often either can't play these protected streams natively (as seems to be the case with the ITV Hub App), or you might be limited to running at a reduced resolution.

Third party streaming apps are really the main way to go here unless you're using a more upmarket device like a Fire Stick.

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Many thanks for your help, can you recommend a 3rd party app instead of the native ITV hub App?

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Unfortunately I can't recommend any in particular. Your best bet would probably be to google search "IPTV streaming apps for android tv box" and try them out at random until you find something you like.