Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
I have an MQX pro and it is not appearing on network as chrome Recievier (it does appear as AirPlay and miracast device).

I am using wired Ethernet.

How do I make this a Recievier (without using anything in kodi).

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I don't believe the iMXQpro will appear as a Chromecast-like device on the network. The T8 Mini, T8, T8-S and T8-S Plus have this feature, but not the iMXQpro.
Have you tried the DroidBOX Share client on your other devices yet, might be worth a look.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I can confirm that I have used droidbox share on a droidbox mxqpro to connect to an android phone and tablet so that works.

Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
Ok, I will look at that. Seems odd choice by product management to have AirPlay enabled by default but no chromecast Recievier! If the chose your model chart had made it clear that that difference existed we might have bought one of the higher models instead....

Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
I connected from my PC and that works for full screen - but no sound. I wanted to cast from apps like normal and get all features like I do normally....

Scyto

Jul 6, 2016
I am a little confused why I can't chrome cast to this box, chrome cast receiver is running in the running apps so it should be working no?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Sorry, was going the wrong way round with the suggestions above (showing DroidBOX content on your PC).
Can you drop us another e-mail and the guys in the London office will check with the hardware.