kawasakiinit

Apr 18, 2016
I have now got my t8 mini which is all good i think except for when i click on the droid box switch it shuts down android and then shows a screen with open elec and then the screen goes blank ,if i unplug the hdmi cable at the box and reconnect it the screen comes back on with kodi home screen. have i set something wrong ?
i presume the open elec is a stand alone stable kodi thing ?

thanks

dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the video issue happens again in OpenELEC, once you've unplugged and replugged your HDMI cable, follow these steps:
System (click!)
System (same name, different entry in the menu that has just appeared)
Video output
Resolution...

If it is set to 1920x1080p, try 1280x720p and vice versa.

Shutdown OpenELEC and boot up again, see if issue resolved.

Reactions: David Savage

kawasakiinit

Apr 18, 2016
thanks guys none of that worked ? i tried all the resolutions in settings but still the same . once ive unplugged the hdmi and re plugged it in everything is fine ?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
You could also try another HDMI input on your TV...and make sure you have picture setting in Android and openelec the same. Also in setting (android side) I have HDMI auto detect off and set if to the best your TV can handle below that.
Make sure in openelec you follow SilentlyScreaming advice on how to do it above.

Best of luck

Last edited:

kawasakiinit

Apr 18, 2016
All sorted guys thanks I moved the hdmi to port 1 on tv and set the res on box to 1080 p instead of 1080 I not sure wat actually worked but it did :).

whats the point of having kodi on android and openelec on one box ?

Sorry for the novice questions.
Dave

Reactions: ChrisM

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Basically kodi or DBMC runs on the android side and run great, but if you have a lot of apps running in the background then this can slow kodi down.
Openelec is its own system separate to android and when you switch it shuts down and reboots in to openelec. This mean kodi runs nice and smooth and no background apps slowing you down.
Glad you got sorted now start enjoying.

Reactions: kawasakiinit