ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you want to keep app's and their data, don't reset.
If a problem occurs, first solution will be app data reset, if that doesn't help, uninstall/reinstall app, then finally factory reset

I voted for hoping all would be fine, but if people prefer to start with a fresh system and just install latest version of their preferred apps, rebuild Kodi etc, clear data gives you an excuse.

lordtoran

Aug 26, 2016
Bochum, NRW, Germany
Aaaaand thanks :) I had time to look at my T8 Mini again and got an 1.0.4 update. It finally allows me to mount ext4 formatted drives using USB OTG Helper. Native OTG support would be nice to have though.

The first-run wizard in Android seems machine-translated when you select German. In case you need a human translator, I’m a freelancer in that field.

The little problem persists that the OS shuts down but the box does not physically switch off when you select that option in the "reboot" app.

I'll soon update the other thread I started with some loosely related issues, but now I need to finally set up everything now that my 5 TB ext4 harddisk works in Android. Yay!

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Ok - I aint updated since this one came out as I already have the T8 Mini running Jarvis 16.1. Is this now worth updating? or has anyone found anything not right?
ALSO - if I do decide to update - do I really need to clear my addons? I only ever use and boot up in OE - so would I really have to do this as I would rather not.
Hope you all know what I am getting at
Dave

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The release replaces openelec with librelec and 16.1 kodi. If you are happy with openelec 15.2/16.1 stay where you are although there isn't an official update planned to take openelec forward.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for that. I was just wondering thats all if its worth now moving on from Jarvis 16.1 to Librelec. I am happy but I am not sure of the actual benefits from updating at the moment unless it was significant.
Thanks.

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone. Ive decided to update to Librelec so I need to know some advice please.
Ive read about clearing addons and stuff but seems as though I only ever boot into OE - can I leave well alone and just update?
Regards
Dave

Reactions: GWD

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Also one more question please. Ive adjusted settings on my OE system to run nice with my TV such as frame rate, and other things ETC. Will I have to make a note of them or will these settings which I have changed stay on if I update to Librelec?
Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'd make a note of the settings, definitely.

You can use program add-ons to clear Kodi's cache, old packages etc, and they should work in LibreELEC and OpenELEC just fine. That said, if you're not running out of storage space and aren't encountering problems, don't fret about housekeeping too much for now.

Others will have different opinions, just giving mine :)

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
Thanks for that. Im fine with storage and stuff and have never had any problems. Ill just jot down my settings. TBH I dont have too many settings to make a note of. Just the usual Frame Rate - Match TV etc. Disable acceleration and just basic stuff which allows my T8 Mini to run spot on.
Im going to install the oficial update at the weekend - hope its all as smooth as it has been so far.