ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
This thread is for our Control Centre application. Some devices have had this pre-installed, however we now have a build for everyone!

20160226_103958_0.png

Currently at Release Candidate 2 stage, it will be featured in Google's Play Store soon if tests complete OK.
In the mean time, if you would like to try this app out now, read on! You'll need to be familiar with downloading and opening a file on your device.

Notes
1) Most of the tools/fixes found within the Control Centre require your device to be rooted. If your device isn't rooted, the resources will be available still, however tweaks won't work. Follow the on screen guides

20160226_104232_0.png

2) This app was designed with DroidBOX devices in mind. Using it on another Android device is never going to be an officially supported avenue. It shouldn't do anything bad, but if your dog drives off in your new car and the cat eats your budgerigar, DroidBOX won't be held responsible.

20160226_113758_0.png

3) If you have the application on your device already, update to this version and then perform a factory reset, don't forget the automatically re-installed version will be the older version.

4) Don't panic if you perform a factory reset, wait, and some apps don't appear yet. Reboot, wait another few minutes and they should be in place.

We'd love to hear back from everyone regarding the application. If you spot any bugs/typos, please do let us know.

Downloading and installing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gk9ijftvkkv0u1r/DroidBOXControlCentreRC2.apk?dl=1

Clicking that link will start the download straight away.

This is an RC, so remember not to install this on anything business critical. Not very likely, I appreciate.

Already have it? Clear DroidBOX Control Centre's data, download and open the APK, and install the update

Don't yet have the app? Download from the same link, open the APK and install.

20160226_113813_0.png

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
I have over 5gb free on my box and can't install due to low on space. This was done with Google play store and manually copying the .apk

Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think the apps memory area is separate to other types of memory so it could be that you have genuinely filled that. In which case you may have to jettison some unused apps (maybe the iplayer, itv hub etc where you can use web versions). You may also still be able to move
some apps to "sd card" i.e. into the separate memory area. Click on each app in settings and see if it supports this function. Clearing cache and data on each app (not kodi unless you want to set things up again) may clear up some space.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Also check if you have superfluous versions of kodi floating around and delete the unused one (i had dbmc and official kodi downloaded on my box)

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
All none needed apps are deleted only have dbmc and Openelec, dbmc is just blank, 90mb I think Openelec is around 6gb, but that's my main build, all cache and thumbnails 13db and packages are cleaned... Still no luck.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you reboot/power off the box and see if it clears out crap (technical term).

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Done all that, even left it disconnected from the power for ten minutes...

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
I am about to give my T8S box to someone else but I cant get rid of my details from Droidbox Control Center .... I have cleared cache , data and even tried to uninstall but every time I open the app up my email address and order id are still there . How do I remove my personel details before I move this box on. It wont let me uninstall the app.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The details are stored on the server, so it won't help to clear data or try to force an uninstall.
I think I remember your request coming in via e-mail to have the details wiped off, if that was someone else, drop us an e-mail with your order ID and I'll pass the request on to the server admins.

Minkbomb

Sep 5, 2015
The details are stored on the server, so it won't help to clear data or try to force an uninstall.
I think I remember your request coming in via e-mail to have the details wiped off, if that was someone else, drop us an e-mail with your order ID and I'll pass the request on to the server admins.

Yeah I emailed in my details the other day so hopefully it'll be removed soon

Cheers