Rich

Jul 22, 2014
I have recently bought an iMX6 which appeared to work fine for a week or so. Now whenever the box is switched on it kills my network both for the box itself and anything else I have connected. I found after further investigation it is the HDMI connection that is bringing the network down. So far I have tried numerous different cables and tried plugging the box into different TVs and amps without success. I have even plugged in another router and still the problem remains. Anyone got any suggestions?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'm assuming this is when you use a wired connection (Ethernet) with your iMX6?
If it is via WiFi, can you let us know the make/model of both modem/routers please?
In terms of discovering it is the HDMI connection that kills the network, would I be right in assuming that if you temporarily use the AV/RCA/Phono/SCART video output between your iMX6 and a TV/AV Amp, the network is fine?
Thanks for posting a lot of relevant info btw, it really helps :)

Rich

Jul 22, 2014
I'm assuming this is when you use a wired connection (Ethernet) with your iMX6?
If it is via WiFi, can you let us know the make/model of both modem/routers please?
In terms of discovering it is the HDMI connection that kills the network, would I be right in assuming that if you temporarily use the AV/RCA/Phono/SCART video output between your iMX6 and a TV/AV Amp, the network is fine?
Thanks for posting a lot of relevant info btw, it really helps :)

Hi, thanks for the prompt response. I have done some further investigation. I connected the iMX6 to a TV via the AV socket (instead of the HDMI), and still no Network. Even more bizarre was that in the Android settings on the iMX6 I disabled both Ethernet and WiFi and still no Network. It appears that whenever the box is on and connected to anything the whole network dies (the TV is connected to the amp via HDMI which in turn is Ethernet connected). Do you think the box itself might be at fault?

Rich

Jul 22, 2014
Hi, thanks for the prompt response. I have done some further investigation. I connected the iMX6 to a TV via the AV socket (instead of the HDMI), and still no Network. Even more bizarre was that in the Android settings on the iMX6 I disabled both Ethernet and WiFi and still no Network. It appears that whenever the box is on and connected to anything the whole network dies (the TV is connected to the amp via HDMI which in turn is Ethernet connected). Do you think the box itself might be at fault?

BTW the routers I used are a TalkTalk Huawei HG533 and an independent TP-Link W8968