boutros

Aug 19, 2014
I have the above device, which has XBMC Gotham 13.1 - when trying to use 1 Channel, or Icefilms there is no video, only audio. I read the thread about re-installing V12/Frodo, but the link is broken.
Is this what I need to do, or is there another way to fix this? I've tried changing the Video settings (hardware acceleration, etc), but nothing seems to work.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Copied from my PM to agent P. A most confusing testing experience for me...

We don't officially support Gotham on the iMX6 just yet... however, if you're happy to do a little reconfiguring, and the performance is good enough for you...

I just went through the procedure, and found videos were working. We have had reports from customers of Gotham not initially displaying video on an iMX6. If it does, just e-mail us at [email protected] with your original order ID from eBay/Amazon and your account name there, we'll send details for downloading the DroidBOX Wizard add-on (obviously it doesn't come pre-installed if you use the XBMC official download)
If it doesn't work, follow the last step in this message.
Download Gotham XBMC from xbmc.org
Once you have both files ready to use, uninstall XBMC on your iMX6 (Android Settings, Apps (if no Apps entry, last tab, click More/Advanced Settings button), scroll down to XBMC and click on it, Uninstall.
Install the Gotham XBMC APK file
Install the DroidBOX Wizard add-on (we'll send the instructions, see above)
Follow this path:
XBMC>System>Video>Playback>Settings Level Simple (click this so it changes to Advanced)>Acceleration>Disable both types of hardware acceleration>Return to the home screen of XBMC>Click the power icon>Exit

Reactions: Gomez57