playtheace

Dec 9, 2014
As said, my droidbox keep failing.
Think im going to have to just thank the 2 years ive had out of it and put it to sleep.

Date keeps resetting upon every reboot and the wifi wont turn on...its like a failing battery in a pc.

Manually alter the date and try the wifi fix at the top of this thread but it still doesnt work.

ahh well.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
As said, my droidbox keep failing.
Think im going to have to just thank the 2 years ive had out of it and put it to sleep.

Date keeps resetting upon every reboot and the wifi wont turn on...its like a failing battery in a pc.

Manually alter the date and try the wifi fix at the top of this thread but it still doesnt work.

ahh well.
Hi

Please do factory reset!!!

In order to do factory reset on your box from android please follow next:

go to settings>other>more settings>backup and reset>factory reset and confirm
OR
go to settings>backup and reset>factory reset and confirm

Regards

playtheace

Dec 9, 2014
yeah, done factory reset..and makes no difference im afraid.
clock goes back to 1970 and wifi wont turn on.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you try an ethernet connection. May prolong the life of your box a little.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1) Check if there are any decent 3rd party firmwares out there right now. With your warranty expired, flashing one isn't going to lose you anything. We couldn't give any official DroidBOX advice, but I'm sure we'd get somewhere with a little searching
2) Consider a different approach - mains networking. Whatever the correct term is. Lovely little adapters that use your mains cable to provide a no-nonsense wired network wherever you have a mains socket and one of the adapters. Even if it doesn't help with your iMX6 (there is an app to force-auto set your device's time/date to NTP servers) and bypass the WiFi issue, you've then got a (possibly stronger) network in place, compared to WiFi, for your next device choice.
3) Related to 1) With your device, there are non-Android firmwares available I believe, that give you an openELEC OS instead. Originally they were available in an MCE flavour. Same hardware, different OS. Don't expect miracles, given the difference in age, comparing a T8 or T8-S Plus in openELEC and the iMX6 will show it's age, but if you watch a lot of DVD or perhaps 720 average bitrate streams, you may get some life out of it, especially if system resources are more abundant (Android is more flexible as an operating system, but openELEC has more grunt available, essentially).
4) If Mains Network adapters do work, do still consider upgrading to something a little more recent, you could then use the iMX6 as a server for your media/shared files/FTP requirements

We used to have a lot of this info on the old forum, before it was lost, but I'm sure we can find some of it here, or on Google.

Apologies for the delay with this response, it seems to have been missed in the Christmas rush.