Raymond Ritchie

Oct 31, 2014
Hi, I live in Dundee, but when I use the DroidBox launcher, it shows my location/weather as Chelsea.
If I use Google maps it shows my correct location.
How do I correct the DroidBox launcher?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the launcher shows the wrong location, there aren't any settings to tweak, sorry. However, if you want an accurate weather widget, you could install a more generic Android launcher (Go Launcher EX (search for it (free) in the play store app) is a good choice if you have a remote with Air Mouse capabilities). You can then choose from dozens of different, configurable weather widgets to put on your new launcher's homescreen.

Raymond Ritchie

Oct 31, 2014
I played around with this widget and discovered that if I click on the widget, switch off the automatic location button, then click on the Yahoo Weather location, I can type in my own location and everything works!
FYI - I tried the auto location again to see if it would stick with Dundee - but, no, my new auto location was Whitby, Ontario, CANADA!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Wow, I'll let the team know here! Sorry for missing that, I'd been told it couldn't be fixed, and as I use a different launcher, I'd not looked too hard, my apologies.