liam1412

Jan 4, 2015
Hi,

I have been handed a droidbox by a friend who said it had lost xbmc. On inspection the internal storage is showing 0.0b with 0.0b available. I did a factory reset and voila the storage was back I did the first run etc on xbmc, rebooted and it was stuck on the x loading screen.

Did another reboot, and this time the storage was back but no xbmc at all. I downloaded a Kodi apk, set it all up added some sources etc, tested a film, all working great. Did a reboot and boom, the storage is missing again, just a flat android install and internal storage showing 0.0b with 0.0b available.

If anyone could shed any light I would be much greatful. Spent almost all my Sunday on this and feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall.

Many Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
1) Kodi build on an iMX6 (or Gotham build) isn't officially supported, if the following doesn't help, the advice would be to uninstall and try an earlier build, or the official Frodo one.
2) After a factory restore, it can take a good 20 minutes sometimes for apps to auto-reinstall themselves from the preinstall folder. The only exception should be if he purchased the iMX6 more than a year or so ago. So you could try another factory restore and then don't touch anything after you've arrived at the launcher's homescreen for 20 minutes or more.
3) If you previously initiated the factory reset via the Backup/Restore type menu entry within Android, I'd recommend trying again via the recovery switch on the back of the device. See https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-access-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/ for the location of the switch. Once you're at the recovery menu, select Wipe data/factory reset (use the go back/return button if the OK button doesn't help), confirm you're certain, then allow it to complete the process. Once you've rebooted... ... wait 20 minutes or more. You'll want to run the DroidBOX Wizard in XBMC after - https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/wizard-updated-2015-january/ . Another reason for (hopefully) sticking with the built in XBMC is that our Wizard is pre-installed, using APKs from other sources means it arrives naked, add-on wise.
4) If all the above doesn't help in terms of storage space, don't worry, we can try a firmware flash.