centdefender

Sep 30, 2014
Hi,

My Droidbox was fine and i turned on one day and it looks to have reset itself. No xbmc etc. I have downloaded xbmc on a USB stick but my droidbox says there isn't enough room to install! the XBMC program is about 56mb.

Any ideas or help would be welcome.

Thanks

centdefender

Sep 30, 2014
hi thanks for the help.

Still having space issues. Downloaded the link and there isnt enough space on the imx6.

Any advice on factory reset would b appreciated. Purchased in the last 6 months via Amazon so hopefully this will work.

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you have stored any documents, media, or settings on your DroidBOX device, make a note of them or copy them to a USB device. Next visit this blog post to see where your reset switch is - How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu. Follow the steps there, and when you see the recovery menu, select Wipe data/Factory reset, and confirm you're certain. Once it has completed, reboot, go through any set up screens presented, then once you're at the launcher's homescreen, please don't click on anything or reboot for 20 minutes.
At this point, you'll have a DroidBOX device that behaves as though you've just purchased it. Open XBMC and run the DroidBOX Wizard. One thing to note, with the latest updates from the DroidBOX Wizard, please DO NOT EXIT XBMC after the device-specific pack has been downloaded, extracted and installed. Instead, remove the power lead from your DroidBOX device, wait a moment, then boot up again.

garethjb

Oct 11, 2014
If you have stored any documents, media, or settings on your DroidBOX device, make a note of them or copy them to a USB device. Next visit this blog post to see where your reset switch is - How To Access Your DroidBOX's Recovery Menu. Follow the steps there, and when you see the recovery menu, select Wipe data/Factory reset, and confirm you're certain. Once it has completed, reboot, go through any set up screens presented, then once you're at the launcher's homescreen, please don't click on anything or reboot for 20 minutes.
At this point, you'll have a DroidBOX device that behaves as though you've just purchased it. Open XBMC and run the DroidBOX Wizard. One thing to note, with the latest updates from the DroidBOX Wizard, please DO NOT EXIT XBMC after the device-specific pack has been downloaded, extracted and installed. Instead, remove the power lead from your DroidBOX device, wait a moment, then boot up again.

garethjb

Oct 11, 2014
good afternoon, i have the same problems with my box - reset itself and no xmbc - i have tried the factory reset button plugging in the power and pressing the remote to get the blue light on - this ignores the factory reset button pushed in and turns on as normal. nothing changes and xbmc is still not showing??
i have downloaded the v12 fredo as you have stated above and followed all advise above but not enough space as stated above still. nothing has changed or reset
please help am i doing something wrong??
thanks in advance for any help.
Gareth

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
When you put a match into the AV socket on the back, you can definitely feel/hear that slight click once you've pushed it in far enough? You've removed the power lead and only inserted it once the reset switch is held down?