mirolesky

Feb 21, 2018
Hi,

I own a DroidBOX T8-S Plus v2 with Android 6 and a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 7.

I have a simple (and I believe very common) scenario: I would like to present my images & videos from my mobile on my TV using DroidBOX Share app. There is no problem casting the content from my mobile's local storage but I am unable to browse the SD card from within the DroidBOX Share application. Obviously, I have most of my images & videos stored on the SD card and I would like to avoid copying the content from the SD card to local storage just for presenting it... I know I could use a 3rd party app (e.g. BubbleUPNP or AllCast) but DroidBOX Share app was one of the main reasons I have decided to buy the T8-S Plus (I could've purchased a cheaper Android box from China).

Is there a way of accessing the SD card from within DroidBOX Share app?

Thanks a mill

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I have my images on an SD card on my phone and use droidbox share to show them on my TV.
Are you saying that you can't find the SD card in the share file browser or that the images in the SD card themselves, once selected, cannot be shared?

mirolesky

Feb 21, 2018
That's exactly what I would expect the DroidBOX Share to do but it doesn't work this way for me. I cannot see SD card in the DroidBOX Share's file browser (Directory section) - only the folders that are located on local storage. The same applies for both Images and Videos sections - I can only see the files that are stored in the built-in phone memory. :(
I have also checked the application permissions - it has access to storage (not specified whether it is local storage or SD card).
Any ideas?