Anon

May 23, 2018
Hi I've got T8-SE and I'm trying to get Droidbox share working, but when I try to access the page via its IP it says I cannot connect.
These are the steps I've taken
Phone and Droidbox are connected to the same WiFi.
Loaded droidbox share app on box.
Entered the IP address into Firefox on my phone and it then says unable to connect, I have also done this step using the QR code.
My phone is defiantly on the same network as the droidbox as I can ping it.
Any ideas?

Anon

May 23, 2018
Have managed to get it working. I downloaded aptoide on my phone and then downloaded the droidbox share app. Upon running it it picked up my droidbox and was then able remote control it.

Seems strange to me that I can't get to the page though, but at least it works. Also it would be much easier if the app was downloadable from the play store.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
It used to be in the droidbox market which used to be preloaded on these boxes. Is it loaded on the newer boxes?

Correction**
The client app which you need used to be in google play store is no longer there. Strange. @Dave C any news on what has happened to it?
At least you got it working now.

Last edited:

Anon

May 23, 2018
Yes Droidbox share is already installed on the Box, the problem was getting it on the phone as I couldn't access the portal Web page but was able to work around it using aptoide.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Yes. Just updated my post and alerted droidbox to the fact that the client app has gone awol from the play store

Anon

May 23, 2018
Since I got it mostly working with the DroidBox share client version off Aptoide I have noticed that the Share running on my box crashes when in mirroring mode. I wonder if it could be that the version I was able to get a hold of is slightly incompatible?