Alexi

Mar 2, 2020
So today my droidbox decided it would begin to shut down by itself for no reason.

It gets past the splash page and then to the droidbox main page and then just shuts down.

I’ve tried a factory reset but this hasn’t solved the issue.

any ideas?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
If you are posting in the T8-SE forum then I am assuming you have this device. If so, you can try a firmware reinstall for the T8-SE by following the guide at https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/t8-se-firmware-links.12538/. If you have a different model, we have firmware for most of our devices on this forum, check in the appropriate one. If you are not sure what device you have, please email [email protected] with your order number or the full name and post code and we can check. Thanks.

Alexi

Mar 2, 2020
If you are posting in the T8-SE forum then I am assuming you have this device. If so, you can try a firmware reinstall for the T8-SE by following the guide at https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/t8-se-firmware-links.12538/. If you have a different model, we have firmware for most of our devices on this forum, check in the appropriate one. If you are not sure what device you have, please email [email protected] with your order number or the full name and post code and we can check. Thanks.

thank you. I’ll try that. I have actually noticed that it is doing it when I plug in an external hard drive. I was never a problem previously, but now that I have unplugged the hard drive it seems to stay on.

will the firmware update resolve this problem?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I don't think the firmware will fix this issue but the hard drive could be the cause. Does the hard drive have its own power supply? If it does not, or you are not using it, then there is a chance it is drawing too much power and switching the device off. Another possibility is that the power supply is failing and not providing enough power.

Alexi

Mar 2, 2020
Understood. I will test with a standard pen drive USB as well to see if this problem occurs with this type of storage device.

Alexi

Mar 2, 2020
Sorry I double checked the box. It’s actually a T8-S Plus V2.0. Is there a link for the firmware for that model?

I also tested this with a pen usb drive and the issue still occurs so I don’t think it has to do with the external hard drive consuming too much power