matei72

Jun 18, 2019
Hi all,

Have a T8-S plus that I purchased for a relative and they never used it, so I've set it up in my office upstairs in the hope of viewing channels from our zgemma box, which is attached to a satellite dish w/ motor.

I enabled Openwebif on the zgemma box, downloaded the Enigma 2 client in Kodi, and I can now see whatever channel is active on the zgemma - however I don't appear to be able to change programs/satellites at all.

As soon as I'm viewing the channel on in Kodi on the Droidbox, the zgemma acts funny - I get an error stating "no free tuner" and most of the programs/transmissions are greyed-out - save for the ones on the same satellite as the one I'm viewing.

If I go to change channels/satellites in Kodi, nothing happens - but I can't go back to the transmission I was just watching either, it is blank.

Any ideas as to what I can do (or missed during my config?)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, kodi is and always has been very hit and miss on the zgemma. Use your droidbox as a seperate streaming device to use kodi with, they will not pair together. Sold my zgemma a few years back when the hd channels dropped from my vermin line, still have a few friends using these boxes tho but with paid iptv rather than the regular sly or vermin lines.

matei72

Jun 18, 2019
Hi - thanks for the reply.

Sorry - a bit of a newcomer to this kit, when you say to use the droidbox as a separate streaming device to use kodi with, not sure what you mean?

Is there anything that would work better with the zgemma than with Kodi? The zgemma is a bit clunky, but it works well for what we do with it (European channels for mum etc).

thanks!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi the zgemma runs enigma2/ linux and the version of kodi has been modded/ changed to run on the device. It is not a full version of kodi at all. I don't really want to go into any detail regarding this box on the droidbox forum, try the techkings forum. Your T8s Plus box is dual boot android/ linux and can run LibreELEC (which is a full version of kodi to run on linux) also can run android apps/ apks including the latest kodi 18.2.

matei72

Jun 18, 2019
Thanks for that info - that is a good start, think I'll head over to the techkings forum and have a browse. Cheers!