les58

Aug 4, 2017
I have just bought a Droidbox T8-S Plus V2 from Amazon and have spent the whole of Friday night trying to fathom out how to get it to work. My machine will not recognise anything I type in ie the install from zipfile is empty, I have tried loading on a few things like Metalkettle but nothing works...I do everything to the letter from the YouTube videos but nothing, has anybody any suggestions?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Forget youtube - use the koditips web site as your guide. They are very good.
Which isp are you with - make sure any isp controls are off.
You could try loading a build, like seans build if you are not comfortable loading individual addons (available on the ares wizard, if their maintenance has finished).
Report back on progress.

les58

Aug 4, 2017
Right, I managed to get it working with a new link from Wookie, the only problem I have now is that I cant switch of the menu and the sidebar ands it covers half of the Wookie Menu, I've tried every button on the remote and nothing works...I'm either dumb or it just doesn't exist... I have now ordered a keyboard and mouse from Amazon to hopefully rectify the problem....Doh!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@les58 Is it possible you've installed a Krypton pack in Kodi (16.1 or earlier) or DBMC, or perhaps a Jarvis pack in Kodi 17.0 (or later)? If so, look for a Fresh Start program add-on, run it. Then reinstall with a different pack. Or consider trying a different wizard.

If you need to wait for too long on the keyboard/mouse from Amazon, you can plug in a normal USB mouse and/or keyboard to the DroidBOX, if you have any at home you could plug in.

les58

Aug 4, 2017
Thanks guys for the help, I reinstalled Wookie and everything seems to be working fine now