NigelB

Dec 30, 2021
Hi, just purchased the DroiX Stheno F7 Gaming Mini PC with GTX1650 to use my Oculus Rift S on. Lovely little computer, but - it will not let me connect the HDMI to my screen AND the Display Port to my Oculus Rift at the same time. I have to have the computer connected to the HDMI to set up the Oculus Rift, and I have to connect the Oculus Rift to the Display Port as part of the setup. The setup is seen on the HDMI screen. Until the setup is completed I cannot see anything through the oculus headset so cannot do the setup using the Oculus Headset using the Display Port. Any suggestions as unless I can complete the setup the Stheno F7 is useless to me.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
You've updated your drivers/etc. right? Both the Nvida and Intel ones. I've heard that the earlier Oculus models can be a bit iffy with compatibility.
I can't think of any reason in particular why the Stheno wouldn't play nice with the headset though.

Does the DisplayPort interface work fine by itself?
One possible workaround would be to try connecting your display through the DisplayPort interface and a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter. Then use the HDMI port to connect the Rift itself.

NigelB

Dec 30, 2021
just updating to NVIDEA drivers and Windows system drivers now. Have ordered a Display port to HDMI adapter so that I can check the Display Port on my monitor (Doesn't have a DS port, only HDMI) arriving Monday so will update on that. My oculus rift S is brand new for Xmas, so hopefully not so iffy on the connections. It works fine on my home PC but I want to make it portable, hense the purchase of the Stheno.

NigelB

Dec 30, 2021
You've updated your drivers/etc. right? Both the Nvida and Intel ones. I've heard that the earlier Oculus models can be a bit iffy with compatibility.
I can't think of any reason in particular why the Stheno wouldn't play nice with the headset though.

Does the DisplayPort interface work fine by itself?
One possible workaround would be to try connecting your display through the DisplayPort interface and a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter. Then use the HDMI port to connect the Rift itself.
I have checked my display setting and the Rift S is seen there, but it is connecting via the onboard Intel graphics chip which does not meet the Oculus requirements, hence the NVIDEA 1650 graphics card. Cannot see a way to force the Rift to work via the NVIDEA Card. Have asked support for advice.

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
I have checked my display setting and the Rift S is seen there, but it is connecting via the onboard Intel graphics chip which does not meet the Oculus requirements, hence the NVIDEA 1650 graphics card. Cannot see a way to force the Rift to work via the NVIDEA Card. Have asked support for advice.
I think I remember something like this happening a long time ago when we got the initial sample of the Stheno F5 a long time ago.
I believe the solution was forcing the device to use the NVIDIA GPU via the NVIDIA control panel.
I don't have one on hand at the moment so I can't verify, but perhaps this will help fix the issue.