michael hirons

Mar 5, 2020
devon
I have two of these directly connected to HDMI socket on both TVs..I would like to Capture the video/audio output fro these devices,and srore it on a USB drive,I would also like to watch the output on TV live.I assume that whatever device I purchase will need to have a Bypass feature to do the latter?
Has anyone succeeded in doing this and if so how did you do it and what equipment did you use to do it,and how did you link it up..Any help would be appreciated as I dont wont to purchase the wrong equipment,or equipment that wont work with the Droix Boxes..Thanks for reading this hope someone can advise me Michael

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
For capturing video/audio output from these devices, a standard capture card should work. Maybe something from AverMedia or Elgato.

Essentially how they work is that you connect the capture card to a PC, start up recording software (OBS, etc.), then connect the box to the capture card and begin the recording process. Many capture cards have a pass-through feature as well that lets you still send output to the TV while the image is being captured.

You would also need storage space for this as long recordings can exponentially increase in size with higher quality.