David Bird

Dec 12, 2016
Manchester
Awaiting arrival of Zoomtak T8 plus 2 . is initial set up as daunting as it appears .People talk of rejecting box due to lack of things loaded. or are later versions more user friendly re lesser techy folks like me.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I think you are on the wrong forum as this is the forum of the Droidbox company.

However, in general set up is relatively easy for kodi if you use one of the wizards which allow you to access pre prepared "builds" of addons.
Check out the seo michael web page

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/seo-...wizard-for-kodi/amp/?client=ms-android-h3g-gb

Make sure some isp controls are unset- which depends on your isp. This forum has instructions - do a search.

If you need more help, come back. the zoomtak box is probably similar enough to the droidbox range and we can answer general queries.

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hence my comment about them being similar although some differences in models.
Hope you get it working.
We are always willing to help out here if you need it. But check if zoomtak offer support if you need firmware updates as Droidbox ones may well not be compatible.

David Bird

Dec 12, 2016
Manchester
Bought it direct from china had a few online chats with staff Paid £73 total T8 plus version 2 and wireless keyboard including shipping and a small charge for using paypal think that was $4

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As I say, Droidbox do not do a t8 Plus version 2. They do a t8s plus (dual boot android/openelec) They may have similar specs. They may even have similar firmware. But there will be customisation present on the Droidbox not present on the zoomtak one. I think post sales support is an important factor. Droidbox customers have this forum and uk support. Do zoomtak have that?

Reactions: sblabs

David Bird

Dec 12, 2016
Manchester
i will wait and see - got DHL tracking it is due to arrive tomorrow thursday ,I know little re these boxes but on research i have done most boxes available dont come close to the specs of Zoomtak .I must say support appears pretty good as when you go to Zoomtak website half a dozen staff are always available for automatic chat and all seem eager to please .As far as i know the box updates itself automatically daily with all the latest stuff - .

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Good luck. Zoomtak have a good reputation. And i think under the lid there is probably a lot in common with droidboxes. You will get help here if you need it as long as it is not too machine specific.

David Bird

Dec 12, 2016
Manchester
Thanks for that - It all stemmed from having Virgin for Broadband - Tv - phone . Price crept up to £90 + without any fancy add ons ie sport etc so my partner rang them to turn off and they convinced her they could reduce price and increase package so foolishly she went along with it £60 approx including sport - all went ok for a couple of months and then cost started to rise again . She cancelled and we did without for a month i then contacted them to install just broadband and got that for £18 at the higher 50bkps for 12 months . Bought a smart Tv and PVR box to record progs . Then spotted these streaming boxes on sunday markets etc and on facebook ,went to purchase one from a chap selling on ebay £45 supposedly fully loaded he called it a beast build i decided not to bother as whenever he tried getting anything on his own tv using the box i was to buy everything either took many minutes of loading or didnt work at all . I started to do some research and without going for Rolls Royce model at Rolls price i happened upon the Zoomtak quadcore did further research and found the octacore available from factory in china . DHL tell me it will be here by the end of the day thursday.(tomorrow)

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I have had a zoomtak T8 v3 and are decent boxes, quite a lot of rubbish comes preinstalled but is easily deleted, ota updater is quite handy as well as will be plenty of updates regarding firmwares. Have since sold the box but android boxes are just that, they all can be configured to suit your specific needs. Good luck with it.

Reactions: David Savage