adam1234

Mar 31, 2015
Will a usb to ethernet adapter work on this device. As i am using it in a room with bad wifi signal.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Testing due this week. If it works, we'll report back with the make and model of the adapter, and if we can find any other identical devices (but marketed under different brand/model name) we'll post that up as well.

[edit]
re-read. Obviously we'll also post back if testing doesn't result in success!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Can anyone help here pls, have connected the 2 above adapters for a wired connection but am at a loss. Wirelessly getting 47mbps with ethernet not enabled in settings, ethernet connected still not enabled until after reboot and now getting 6mbps? That speed is with wifi enabled and the same disabled. Am using a netgear nighthawk R8000 router and the genie app on pc is telling me I have a wired android connection. The ethernet cable am using bumps my laptop speed from 70 wireless to 91 mbps wired. Thanks

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Any developments regarding the compatability with an ethernet adapter guys? Have an adapter with the drivers on a mini cd, could I ftp these drivers over to the root of the go (not idea where exactly) to get this working or would the said drivers have to be built into the kernel? Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Need of drivers - it will either work straight away (no drivers) or not, my understanding at least.

I've only come across one piece of hardware that needed a driver application from the play store to work (an SDR). If drivers are needed, Windows/Mac ones won't help AFAIK.

@Dave C can you remember what sort of speeds you achieved with an ethernet adapter in the projector?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Solved this issue regarding the go v2's wifi and unable to connect it through ethernet in anyway. Used the hdmi in app on the go and connected to my hard wired t8s plus v1 running LibreElec 8.0.1 Kodi 17.1 just a simple solution to get stable streams @120" wide onto my wall with the box/ LibreElec also connected directly via bluetooth to my sound bar. Happy dayz:)

Last edited: