B96Mike

Jul 6, 2016
Has anyone had Ethernet connection problems? I had to return my DroidBox T8-s Plus and order a new one. I have 100 Mbps internet speed and I get 90+ Mbps on my laptop and other cheap TV Box but on my t8-s plus I get 4.3 or so Mbps Ethernet connection but get 50 Mbps with wireless connection. I sure hope the replacement box isn't the same way. I have never had a device that got faster Wi fi speed then Ethernet connection.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
That is strange and the opposite of what would be expected. Can you take a screen shot of your test results and post here. Also tell us which app you were using. Ookla Speed test is good from google play.

B96Mike

Jul 6, 2016
yes it is strange and opposite, sorry I already sent the unit back for replacement

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
We've come across strange behaviour like that when using a Virgin (ISP) supplied modem/router.
Also, unlike desktop PCs/laptops, you will find some set top boxes/tablets have stronger WiFi speeds than ethernet (where the ethernet is nominally 100Mbit, and the WiFi is 802.11n). Not to the degree above, but it has happened previously. In those cases, the only disadvantage to using WiFi was a slightly higher latency/ping, but unless you're twitching around playing an online shooter or similar, not normally a problem.
If the new T8-S Plus is the same @B96Mike , come and grab one of us for a live chat on our main website, and we'll check through the modem/router etc.

B96Mike

Jul 6, 2016
That doesn't sound so good to me. I got my T8-S Plus replacement today and the ethernet speed is now 109 Mbps, it was a defective unit. Now I'm happier but I still need to figure how to be able to write to internal drive. I got it formatted and its seen ok but when I try to do kodi backup to it I still get a message to check if its write protected....bummer. I'm trying to see how to change permissions and also trying to figure out if and how SuperSu can help me with this problem.

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Only ever use my Virgin router as a modem, the software is very basic.

Get a solid 75 meg to my T8-S Plus via Ethernet.