Richo

Jul 5, 2016
Hi guys, I have had my Q8 s for sometime and have always used it wifi but as I now have fiber broadband I thought I would get onto ethernet. I have connected my known good cable turned of wifi and turned on ethernet wihich is recognised [icon top left] and all the connection details in the ethernet settings auto populated and look correct but I am not getting any connection I have been into my router and made sure no firewall running. any advice gratefully received .

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Assuming the cable is good and firmly seated, and there is no fault on the router (have you tried connecting a laptop or PC?), then you might try the following

1. Reboot the router
2. Reboot the q8 and see if on boot up it recognises the connection

More drastic try a factory reset of the q8 but be prepared to reinstall your apps and Kodi set up.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Before a factory reset, find another device (that uses a network cable) on your network and check the connection's details.

The IP address assigned to this other device
The gateway server
Subnet mask

With that information you can tell the Q7 to manually specify connection details for Ethernet.

As an invented example of what you might find:

Assigned IP: 192.168.0.15
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Subnet nearly always: 255.255.255.0

With those results, I would tell the Q7 to use 192.168.0.230 as the IP address (high enough to avoid DHCP issues hopefully) and pop in the gateway and subnet.

If this works, then there is possibly an issue with the DHCP server configuration in your modem/router. Let us know the make/model and we'll check what it could be.

If entering the details manually doesn't help, do try a different cable if possible, or at least the same cable, but in a different device.