JamesMcG

Jul 31, 2016
Hi all

Just received my w8 box -couldnt see a section for it so i thought id add here.

Having problems with the ethernet adapter, on boot theres no connection, trying to diagnose tells me there are missing protocols. Tried a reset of the pc -no difference. Wifi works fine, but id rather use ethernet - as its provided i would expect it to work. Anyone had experience?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi James, there isn't a W8 section, because as far as I know, it is not a box supplied by Droidbox. They do supply a W10 box which is dual boot Windows and Android. Is this the type of box you have?
I googled the error and it is not unknown, mainly on PCs/laptops and the surface pro. Several solutions are offered, some are non destructive and involve checking/replacing cables and rebooting the router.
May be worth trying those first.
Other solutions involve updating drivers and updating winsock. I would certainly get in touch with the box supplier before attempting those. They may be able to fix the box anyway remotely or on return to them especially if it is under warranty.

JamesMcG

Jul 31, 2016
Hi, yes the W8 is available on Amazon, sold by droid box. It seems the same as the W10 but not a dual boot, just pure windows. Yes I've googled too and tried all the suggestions, nothing seems to make any difference

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You're right James. Think if no one here comes up with an answer (it doesn't seem a widely publicised box) contact support direct via the contact us tab at bottom of the forum page.

JamesMcG

Jul 31, 2016
I'll try contact via Amazon first as that's where I bought it. It's a shame, it's got potential but if boxes are being sold with this kind of issue, it doesn't bode very well :-(

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
We are more than happy to provide support for any DroidBOX devices. Could you please email us at [email protected] and we will try our best to resolve the issue you are having. In the meantime, could you please update Windows via WiFi if possible and this should update any drivers and software that the W8 requires. Once the updates have been completed, please try the Ethernet again and see if it works. Thanks.

JamesMcG

Jul 31, 2016
Hi, thanks that's helpful. Yes all windows updates done via WiFi which is fine. Alas the Ethernet problem is still the same. By manually installing latest realtek drivers now it shows unidentified network with a further error of gateway not available. This too from Google points to a driver or hardware error. Today I plan to try a usb Ethernet adapter I have lying around, hopefully this should help confirm if it's the hardware or maybe driver related. Any ideas are much appreciated

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
Could you please tell me if you are connecting directly to your router or using any Ethernet switches or other hardware in between? Which router are you using?

JamesMcG

Jul 31, 2016
Hi, it's a direct connection to the router. I think I may be getting somewhere....I installed the latest driver from realtek for the device, then repeated the steps of copying the winsock and winsock2 registry folders from a win 7 machine and things are looking more hopeful i think. Will keep you posted. This was all after a reset too, no idea why windows decided it disliked the LAN adapter so much!