Michael

Aug 11, 2014
Hello

I use my x7 with the ethernet plugged in but i cannot get freeview tv guide, bbc iplayer as its states that have no connection. Speed test revealed that im getting 20mbps. Do these apps only work if detecting wifi?

If so is there a way round it?

Cheers

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
You could try leaving WiFi turned on, and then connecting via Ethernet, but I can't recall right now whether doing so automatically switches WiFi on. I'm hoping that if WiFi is left on, even if not connected to a network, that may be enough for the BBC iPlayer Android app to be happy.
If not, you could use the iPlayer add-on in XBMC, as I'm fairly sure it doesn't care how you're connected. You could also send a message to the BBC asking them to alter this behaviour in their app, but people have complained about it for a long time without much hope of a change.

Michael

Aug 11, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I googled around and found an app called fake wifi which is working fine so far.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Yes, I'm a big fan of the xposed framework, use various modules on my phone and tablet. We had the start of a thread on it in the old forum I think.
Thanks for the confirmation, I'll make sure to credit you with the find in the thread or blog post :)

Pauladev

Oct 1, 2014
Ah, perfect. If you have a moment, could you let me know if it is the Xposed Framework module? http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.lemonsqueeze.fakewificonnection
I'll put a post up for it in the Applications section, I just wanted to check I was looking at the right module, rather than a standalone application.

Did you ever post a How To guide for this. I put my wifi and VPN on and tried to watch BBC iPlayer from the App, and I get a great program guide, and good sound, but no picture. The only way to watch it is to download first, and they are pretty big downloads. Where are these stored as the M8 has limited internal storage?
Is it possible to download to an SD card, and play back, if so, how?

pibitvillage

Jul 16, 2014
Ukraine
One of my apps called Ukraine Today only works on wifi, so I have both running wifi and LAN.
If I try to connect from the galaxy tab it connects through the lan ip addy, so I assume that both run together quite well.
The SSH server on the X7 gives 2 addy one for lan and one for wifi.