palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
hi ive installed exodus specto and bubles on kodi 17 and seem to be having error signs on all of them
exodus isnt pulling anything up
ive installed it from fusion
any ideas

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You should always check the tvaddons forum where the exodus developers reside.
They are currently reporting an error on exodus on new installs on Kodi 17.

"Had the same problem with a brand new install of Kodi today. You need to create a folder called plugin.video.exodus in the addon_data folder in your profile directory in File Manager. Exodus writes it's cache database there and if there's no folder it fails. Older versions of Kodi would automatically create the folder to keep a copy of the settings.xml file in but since Jarvis, Kodi only creates a settings.xml file when a default setting is changed meaning that unless you change a setting the folder won't get created.

Note to the developers for Exodus, need to put some code in to check that the folder is there on startup of the addon and create it if it isn't"

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Did you read the words

"Note to the developers for Exodus, need to put some code in to check that the folder is there on startup of the addon and create it if it isn't"

Reactions: SmokingElectronics

palpatine

Sep 26, 2016
I read the words
"meaning that unless you change a setting the folder won't get created."

B

BarleyH

Exodus isn't working for me either. Its been that way for a month now. Help please?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have you read the above @BarleyH ? It explains why exodus doesn't run under Kodi 17.
If it doesn't work under another version of Kodi, check the exodus version number and update if necessary. The current version is 3.1.2. Do you have that?

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
i all.
Ive read the notes on making folder with file Manager - but I never use android side. So will the problem persist in Librelec side of things? and if so what will be the fix as I have not yet updated and am not going to while I still read problems.
Thanks in advance
Dave

B

BarleyH

Yes I did. Nothing helpful. I am afraid I have an older version.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
@Bollocks77 . An imminent release of exodus 3.1.3 will fix the issue on the Kodi side (for Kodi 17). Dbmc is unaffected. Also Librelec is still running Kodi 16 so will not be affected.
@BarleyH - then force an update of exodus - go to Kodi settings - Addons - my Addons - video Addons - exodus. Click on it and hit update. (Check also that auto update is on). Provided you have the exodus repository installed, this will take you to exodus 3.1.2 at least which is compatible with Kodi 16.