External Player active
Click OK when playback is finished

The problem is when I click OK the page takes a step back every time
I do it .
I am unable to play anything
Help please

Graham

Jul 26, 2014
If you haven't got anything saved in favourites or any settings you don't want to loose you could try a data reset which may help. Go into android settings, apps, scroll down to Xbmc and select. You could try clearing cashe and if this didn't help repeat and clear data, after clear data you will have to run the wizard again. If all this failed then you could uninstall Xbmc then download gotham from the link in this forum (Original XBMC (V12/Frodo) For X7/X7 Ultimate/Q7/V9 Devices).

jigger

Aug 28, 2014
Hello there Leslock, Sorry for late reply. We have been very busy last month.

You can try Graham's advice and see if it will fix the issues your currently having with your device.

Also, our Tech Team Lead just informed me via Skype, If you're techy enoughto do this, you can try to open a file browsing app on your device and navigate to /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ (the org.xbmc.xbmc folder may be named differently, but it should have XBMC in it still) and then delete the coreplayer.xml file there. Thanks! :eek:

leslock36

Dec 29, 2014
Hello there Leslock, Sorry for late reply. We have been very busy last month.

You can try Graham's advice and see if it will fix the issues your currently having with your device.

Also, our Tech Team Lead just informed me via Skype, If you're techy enoughto do this, you can try to open a file browsing app on your device and navigate to /Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ (the org.xbmc.xbmc folder may be named differently, but it should have XBMC in it still) and then delete the coreplayer.xml file there. Thanks! :eek:
Thank you ,I sorted that problem by uninstalling XBMC and then a factory reset , job done ,BUT I have now got a bigger problem EVERY time I boot up all my apps and videos have disappeared and I have to do a factory reset at the start of every day to get them back , any suggestions

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Was the factory reset on your X7 via the Android Settings menu (Backup & Restore probably), or by holding down the external switch during boot up?
Can you try letting your X7 boot up, wait 15 minutes, set up a few apps as you like them and try copying/downloading a file to your device.
Now reboot (don't remove the power for now). Wait ANOTHER 15 minutes. Check if the apps are still OK. If not, we'll try a firmware flash (let me know what the label on the bottom of the device says).
If the pause after booting did help, repeat with smaller amounts of a post-boot wait until you click on things.

jaydenjess

Jan 15, 2015
I have cleared cache and data. Still saying same message. (External player active) . Have now uninstalled xbmc. Every time I try to reinstall I keep getting a different version. Could someone please send me info on how to put it back to its original set up. Quite new to this box, can I sort this problem out on my device?

Last edited: