Jason p

Jan 8, 2015
I have an m8 and also imx6 droidbox and I cannot seem to figure out how to extract picture files off the USB and onto the device.

I need this in order to go ahead with the custom background in xbmc. I am running the newest version in Helix.

I know this is a noob question, but it's my last resort as I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

I used to have droidsticks configuration wizard applied but I wiped my device and configured it without the use of a wizard. This way I only run 10 addons and my device proved to be atleast 10x faster. But I think I am missing an explorer app to be able to download the pictures from USB to the device.

I would appreciate any feedback as to how I should go about performing this task.

Thank you

Jason p

Jan 8, 2015
I thought it was simple, as I chose the path as my external storage but obviously when I unplug the USB, the file goes with it. I do not no how to set a permanent path for a picture off a USB essentially.

Tony

Jul 15, 2014
cant you just copy them to the DCIM folder and then point to that instead of the USB path ??

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
As Tony said, copying the file to internal storage would be best.
If you haven't already, exit XBMC and open the list of all installed Android APPLICATIONS (rather than add-ons in XBMC) on your device. You should hopefully see ES File Explorer there - please click it.
On the left hand side, under the Local menu, you'll see a reference to your USB device (likely SDA1). Click that, find the file you're trying to copy, and long click on it. A small menu of options will appear towards the bottom of the window. Select Copy. Now (still in ES File Explorer) navigate to somewhere on your DroidBOX's internal storage. You can create a new folder somewhere if you like, in or outside of the DCIM default location for generated images in Android. Once you're happy that the folder you're looking at on screen is the one you'll want the file in, click the Paste button at the bottom.

From now on, when pointing to that file in XBMC etc, make sure you're pointing at the one stored internally, not the USB device, and you should be fine.