St8

Aug 25, 2014
Hi glad to see you back.Happy Hols.whats happened to the latest x7 f/w upgrade ? Seems to have been removed.i have 1 of the end of October 2013 boxes EKB311 and forgot if my box was not on the list for the latest F/w also on loading Gotham 13 also have Ddsticks wizard incorporated in my movie add-Ons.Tried it but has a script failure!.I suppose it conflicts or is for the new M8 4K model?.Just need some advice thanks

Ahmed

Aug 14, 2014
Hi,There

due to many clones of DroidBOX on the market we have removed our FW from public access.if you need to upgrade the device you have to send it back and we will upgrade it for you. but you have to cover The shipping expenses

Regards
Ahmed

St8

Aug 25, 2014
Hi just needed to know if the F/w upgrade covered my box ekb311 which before the server crashed I gave droidbox all my details including invoice from Amazon etc.Thats why I think OTA f/w and updates would not have had the effect of others exploiting the box?i am not in London at the moment so I have to incur further cost.I'll just move over to DDsticks when I come back.Also as xbmc will now become Kodi F/w etc will all be changed.Dosent mean I am not still a fan of droidbox but?

mtech

Jul 20, 2014
wow so this makes sense
spend cash on a good product
then if something does go sideways like they always do
you have to dig back into your pocket to spend more money to have it reloaded

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If something is wrong with your device, we'll repair it.

If you want to upgrade the firmware, due to the amount of companies who have taken our firmware/software and put them on inferior quality devices (and then often sold them on foreign websites using our name!!), we're currently in a transition period between two different approaches.

If there is a problem, we'll fix it.

If you want a newer version of the firmware, compared to what it was sold with, for now you'll need to cover the postage. Hopefully this will change in the future.

Matt Bailey

Aug 1, 2014
This is ridiculous, I didn't buy this product to have to send it back and pay postage every time I upgraded the firmware. Do people have to send their phones back when they upgrade android? no!

The upgrade firmware I installed on my X7 (A8350) just before I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago did not work (no wifi working afterwards hence no internet) so I thought I would fix it on my return, now all the firmwares are gone and I have to send the unit in?!

I was already sent a unit without the remote control dongle which I had to wait for again (TBF you did come back quickly on that) but I don't want to have to send this in if I can flash the firmware here

Amija

Jul 26, 2014
Send us an e-mail ( [email protected] ). Tell them SilentlyScreaming sent you, and provide a link to your post - http://droidboxforums.com/posts/749

See http://droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-files.207/ for an explanation as to why we have this system in place for now. Hopefully it won't last long.
Hello can u send me latest firmware on email ! i can provide you with recite of buying the device and i wont gone pay postage charges to send it to you only if you want to take it back and fully refund me ! I have some glitches with it so i would like to try to flash it if this will not work u can have this product back !!!! As far as i am concern i paid premium price for product which should be working without any problems in first place thank you !!!!

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
What are the glitches? Perhaps it won't require a firmware flash. Let us know which program/add-on the problem occurs with, with any relevant error messages, and we'll see if we can fix it quickly without flashing a firmware.
If that doesn't work, we'll take it from there in terms of firmware links.