Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
Wookie stopped working and my box was running like a dog. I installed kodi 17.1 (i think) and Durex build and got nothing but 'errors check log file' and hardly any add-ons worked. Every addon I opened seemed to just display some basic options, 'play lists' folder etc but no streams. I installed Kodi 16.1 and the build again but got same issues. I've now done a full factory re-set of my box. Can anyone recommend best version of kodi that will run on the T8 and also recommend a build? Be gentle please, i'm a bit of a technophobe

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi
First of all Kodi 17 won't run on a t8 running android 4.4.2.
Instead get CEMC from Google play or FTMC from freaktabs. Mygica also emulates Kodi 17.
I'm not certain that many builds run on Kodi 16 these days. Other forum members maybe able to help. So you may want to install the 5 or 6 add-ons you actually use manually. (The bestforkodi web site can help).
Wookie has finished at any rate.

Reactions: jeffr

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
To add to what @Nigelar said, Sean's Build runs fine on Jarvis 16.1/ CEMC. Install from the community builds in perksmedia, add this source url in file manage h**p://perksmedia.net/wizard replace ** with tt

Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
Hi, thanks for your help. But still having problems. I did a factoryreste on my box and installed kodi 61.1 jarvis. I added the source 'h**p://perksmedia.net/wizard replace ** with tt' and chose installed zip file. This gave me two options, a plugin file and a repo file. I installed both....I think!, I tried to run the wizard but nothing happened. I've still got the basic kodi screen and when I try to run the wizard i get 'perksmedia wizard error check log file'. Also elsewhere I see the message 'the dependency on scrip module could not be satisfied'.

Any suggestions guys?. As I said, apologies but i struggle with this technology. Im losing the will to live now.

All help welcomed

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just to double check, you are definitely opening Kodi, not something like Kodi (SPMC, DBMC, FTMC etc.), and this Kodi 16.1 was installed either from the Play Store, or via http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/ ? If not, might be worth uninstalling your current Kodi, installing it from the Play Store or visiting the URL I mentioned in a browser on your DroidBOX, then opening the APK file you download (it will be in your Downloads folder).

Reactions: jeffr

Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
Hi. I installed kodi-16.1 jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/old/. I added source h**p://perksmedia.net/wizard replace **. installed zip file. This gave me two options, a plugin file and a repo file. I installed both. I tried to run the wizard but nothing happened. I've still got the basic kodi screen. I tred to run the wizard, it appeared to start running but stopped and I get i get 'perksmedia wizard error check log file'. Also elsewhere I see the message 'the dependency on scrip module could not be satisfied'.

Am I doing some basics wrong in trying to add this stuff?, does anyone have the time to give me the step by step instructions before i assume my box is bugged?

dan murphy

Nov 27, 2015
Edgey, I have Sean's Build on my T8s, which has the same android and Kodi as the T8. I installed CEMC. I don't remember the step by step installation but will uninstall and reinstall the build and post it. Not sure when though, but Monday at latest. If you get it sorted before that let us know

Reactions: Edgey

Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
Edgey, I have Sean's Build on my T8s, which has the same android and Kodi as the T8. I installed CEMC. I don't remember the step by step installation but will uninstall and reinstall the build and post it. Not sure when though, but Monday at latest. If you get it sorted before that let us know
Dan. That's an aweome offer of help. Please don' screw up your box on my account

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Step by step guide:- uninstall kodi 16.1 and install cemc from playstore. Open the 'file manager' submenu under SYSTEM. Add source h**p://perksmedia.net/wizard **=tt name it 'perks'/ ok. Goto system/ addons/ install from zip file/ install perksmedia repo. Still in system/ install from repository/ perksmedia/ install the wizard/ wait for the message it has installed/ back out to home screen/ programs/ open pm wizard/ community builds/ seans 16.1/ click no to freshstart and no to save addon data. The build will install and press ok when its finished to force close kodi. Go back in to cemc and wait a munite or so to build the menus. All done (I updated the build to V1.4.7 less than an hour ago and every menu opens and streams) Enjoy:)

Edgey

Mar 15, 2015
Lymm, Cheshire
Brilliant!. All working fine and many thanks for your help. Last question I hope....Does the build automatically update to the latest version or must this be done manually?. If so, how is this done and how will I know an updated version is available?

Reactions: dan murphy

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Have told perks m I have updated and he needs to change the version number his end on his server for the updates to happen. If 'netstreams' is a main menu the update has happened, any further updates you will get a message when you open the build 'saying there is a newer version of it out' then just follow the prompts/ freshstart etc then go back in to redownload. Also if you have trakt/ real debrid/ setup within the build you can save your login data.

Last edited:

barrysmith13

Oct 7, 2015
Evening all.

I have uninstalled kodi 16.1 and install cemc from playstore. Open the 'file manager' submenu under SYSTEM. Add source h**p://perksmedia.net/wizard **=tt name it 'perks'/ ok. But I then I get a box come up with Remote share couldnt connect to network server.. I have tryed some of my APk programs and my internet connection and they are all working fine..any assistance would be greatly appreciated

barrysmith13

Oct 7, 2015
Hi again I get from the start to ( uninstall kodi 16.1 and install cemc from playstore. Open the 'file manager' submenu under SYSTEM. Add source h**p://perksmedia.net/wizard **=tt name it 'perks'/ ok. Goto system/ addons/ install from zip file/ install perksmedia repo. Still in system/ install from repository/ perksmedia/ install the wizard/ wait for the message it has installed/ back out to home screen/ programs/......Whats a open pm wizard

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Just need to open perks media wizard again from programs/ community builds and install a build

lowza99

Aug 13, 2015
hi, this just doesnt work for me, i can install the zip/repo but when i go into install from repo i have no option to install any wizard? is the build not working anymore?

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Have just checked and the builds/wizard is working fine, have you gone into system/ add-ons and enabled 'install from unknown sources' in your kodi settings 1st?

lowza99

Aug 13, 2015
Hi Sean, I don't have that setting in my Kodi? at least not on the path you have mentioned, still cant get this build to work :(

lowza99

Aug 13, 2015
i tried, all the ones that came with my t8-s, then downloaded 16.1 from kodi tv, then I tried cemc, then i tried my gica, on my gica the option to install the wizard was there and it installed but none of the add ons worked and I kept getting update failed messages for them all