john odonoghue

Sep 23, 2014
Hi I've being trying to do factory reset on MX box I've tried the backup and restore and I've tried the toothpick in av hole but neither work it just keeps rebooting back with droidbox logo and back to normal screen with everything on it must have tried hundred times by now and no joy any suggestions please it driving me mad at this stage .

john odonoghue

Sep 23, 2014
Hi mate I've tried it every way from 5 seconds to it started all the way up again . I get the droidbox logo then the droidbox imx6 logo then the x sign and it just go back to stay page where all my apps are . I've tried it with back up and reset inside settings as well same thing very frustrating

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Very strange, it's works on mine. Might be time to use the live chat function on our main site. It's the little greenish box with message or chat in it. Remember it's office hours only.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
John, sorry for the delay, tidying up any threads that got overlooked, sorry.
If this isn't already sorted, did you put an empty SD card (FAT/FAT32 formatted, if that means nothing you'll not likely have used anything else) with just the recovery.img file on it in the device, as per the the thread?

Wimpeyman

Jun 1, 2015
Did this get sorted out because I'm having exactly the same problem. I deleted and reformatted my sd card but no joy. However i have noticed that the time and date on the box have managed to reset.

Just to double check though... the file I've downloaded to my sd card is just an image and nothing else! As it just comes up as recovery.img. It's doing my head in because i want to update to kodi.

J9mi3

Mar 13, 2016
Did anyone find a solution to this I need to install new firmware, neither option of toothpick or factory reset in my settings is changing anything box just cotinues to boot up with no changes even with av switch pushed down prior to power being put back in....driving me mad
Also tried the recovery app you suggested quick boot still no joy.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
The App mentioned above by chris should do the trick and you will be able to go to recovery menu without pressing anything. Also try other apps which can take you directly into recovery menu. See how that works for you.