EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I would like to add some addons or subaddons in favorites (star button on home screen). But on my T8, favorites is, by default I guess, completely filled up with hundreds of addons. I would like to remove them so I can add my own few favorites and start from blank. But to remove all the favorites, I have to delete them one by one. Is there no way to remove them in one step ?

Paulg2906

Jan 12, 2015
Hi yes I wanted to do the same you need to use es file explorer in addon data file there is another file that say favourites u can ether delete the hole file or delete what's in it xbmc will recreate an empty file for favs on start up.
Hope this helps

Reactions: EricB and ChrisM

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Tnx Paul. Glad there is apparently a way to do it. I've looked into es file explorer, but I really can't find the files you mention. I suppose it should be somewhere under local/device. Can you pls show me the way. Sorry for this newbee question.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
With ES File Explorer open, expand the Tools menu on the left, and scroll down to Show hidden files and folders. Make sure they are set to be visible. Now expand the Local menu at the top on the left. Select / Device.
Now click the storage, emulated, 0 and then Android folders, then Data. Look for a folder with XBMC, SPMC or Kodi in the name and click on it. Click the Files folder, and if you turned on the hidden files/folders option before you'll now see a .kodi , .xbmc or similar folder to click... please do so. Next, click the userdata folder, and check the listing displayed for favourites.xml . You can back it up, delete it or (carefully) edit it from there by clicking or long-clicking on the file.

Reactions: EricB

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
I did it and it works. I must say, without your help, I would never have find this file. Great stuff from you. I owe you one. A happy Droidbox fan.