dezign999

Jul 30, 2020
Hi y’all, this forum looks pretty active and informative so I thought I’d ask if any of you have found a solution for FBA not playing sound samples on the RG350(m).

Games like Donkey Kong and Zaxxon use sound samples for things like Mario’s jump and walking sounds, or basically all of the sounds in Zaxxon.

In reviewing the source code for FBA, it looks in $Home/.fba/samples - yet I just can’t get it to work. I’ve tried different sample sets without any luck as well.

I’m using the correct rom set for FBA, so I’m really stumped. If you’ve got sound samples working in FBA, I’d love to know how

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Are you trying to play the sound clips by themselves natively on the RG350M? Or are you saying that FBA isn't playing any sound for your games? It seems like this enquiry could be for either of the two.

dezign999

Jul 30, 2020
Hi, the samples are not playing in FBA. I’ve reviewed the source code and checked a number of forums looking for alternate folder locations and sample sets. Seems no matter where they reside, FBA will not play them where needed.