Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
When I purchased my T8s I specifically asked if there would be any new boxes available in the near future as I wasn't in a rush to get one and was told no the T8s will be the latest box for a long time to come.

Yet literally just a few weeks after getting the 8Gb T8s, the 16Gb version was launched, great! Then not too long after that the T8+ came out, so obviously that kind of rubbed salt into the wounds. Then the T8+ had lollipop updates and openelec changed to librelec yet us T8s owners still keep going with Sandwich and Openelec.

Today when I saw the up to 50% off messages for the Black Friday sale, I thought well I might as well buy the gamepad and VIP+ remote to keep my T8s going. Yet unbelievably when I went to checkout on the droidbox website the discount code would only take £4.83 off, not the advertised 50% or £18.94 discount!

What really annoyed me is that Igor on the webchat said those prices being advertised were wrong and I should read the website properly, very helpfully sending me a link to the accessories page with the full prices stated and no mention of the up to 50% off Black Friday Sale, nice. Obviously I tried to educate Igor on how an up to 50% off sale worked and that something had to have that discount for it not to be false advertising, so he just resorted to telling me that "it was an up to 50% off sale", err okay. After pushing some more Igor finally started spewing out the ït's a technical issue" line and that it is being fixed, pointing out that pricing on the items will be updated as only the one webpage had the wrong prices. Correct me if I'm wrong but surely the prices are correct as then there would be no items with the advertised 50% off?

So is it or is it not an up to 50% off sale? Will the gamepad and VIP+ remote ever be available at the advertised prices of £10.98 and £7.98?

The big question that I guess most on here want answered is will we ever get Lollipop and Librelec for the T8s?

Kodi 17 is designed for Lollipop onwards so no update will have consequences for all T8s owners.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The issue reported is being fixed. I've seen the chat logs and read through them again.
Our tech support staff do not code the web site, so time is required between an issue being reported and a fix being implemented. Sending more messages to Igor wouldn't speed that up. Accusing him and us of scams, lying all over the site and calling him an idiot will not lead to a civil discourse from him, or others if they are treated the same way.
If you'd like to discuss this further with me on Monday, please do pop by to live chat again. More personal insults to staff will not be tolerated though. Long term community members will know I don't react often to customers like this at all, your messages on the live chat seemed to be designed to either blow off steam or provoke a reaction from Igor. More insults will result in chats being terminated.

Up to 50% is advertised, the gamepad discount is still being fixed, but you're not going to get 50% off every item with the code, no.

New models and revised specifications do occur. Even if nothing has been planned, but then a new model is released, DroidBOX will not delay in getting the latest & best hardware. Such is the nature of this sector.
Updates are still being worked on for a range of our models, we'll release news about official updates over at https://DroidBOX.co.uk/blog/