djob

Feb 2, 2017
Hello
I was trying to set up sharing music from my pc to DMBC on a T8 S plus. I haven't achieved that yet.
However in that process the addon sources I previously added to file manager have disappeared. When I go to system > file manager it is empty other than Profile directory and Add source.
I'm not sure whats happened here but any advice on how to get my sources showing would be appreciated.
Thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The first and most obvious question is whether you set up your sources under dbmc or Kodi? Are you looking at the wron g one?
Second Have you cleared data recently in either, as that would wipe it clean.

djob

Feb 2, 2017
Hi
This is on dbmc. No I haven’t cleared data. It's a new box that I was setting up dbmc last night, adding sources etc which was all ok. Sources on android kodi 17 are still there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
In the file manager window see if you can go back up a level to the root directory. You may be looking at an empty folder or drive. The large up arrow should do that.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If it takes a while to set up your sources and you want to make sure you don't have to manually set them again in the future, you can backup (copy and paste) the sources.xml file from
Kodi: Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
or for DBMC: Android/data/uk.droidbox.dbmc/files/.dbmc/userdata/
If you're using something like ES File Explorer to do this, expand the TOOLS section on the left hand side and turn on Show Hidden Files, otherwise the .kodi / .dbmc directories won't be visible.

Reactions: sean99