Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Oh hang on , just had a thought , i i downloaded a smartdsn yesterday to allow me to watch nbc sport , would that have anything to do with it ? BBC i player still works so maybe not ?

Joe reid

Jan 24, 2015
Am i correct here , been using an ethernet connection to my T8 , watching !tv app for live uk tv . Last night i downloaded a smartdns , now to do this i had to switch my internet connection to wifi.
Now to watch !tv and film om live uk tv i have to switch back to ethernet. Not a problem mind but i can still access BBCiplayer on the wifi connection ? Would have thought this would be blocked like the uk tv channels. Or is all to do with accessing the channels from apps as opposed to through my xbmc

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I would have thought that XBMC used whichever DNS settings you stored in Android's Settings area, as I only see entries for entering a proxy server in XBMC, no DNS entries.
SmartDNS didn't work via Ethernet? I think it might be worth contacting their support team, explaining your situation, and seeing if they've come across this issue before. If you get a spare moment afterwards, could you post back any solution they offered, in case other forum members come across this problem in the future?