jt99

Mar 5, 2017
I've been using kodi on my firestick for a long time now, but I keep hearing the android boxes are better.

I guess if you want to have a vpn you need to have a box and not a firestick, but what else makes the box better?

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
A android box will run faster for you and cooler, and you will probably get less buffering with a android box, i recommend a Droidbox.

Remember buy cheap buy twice ;):):):)

jt99

Mar 5, 2017
Ok, one more thing. When I get a droid box, what else do I need to know? I've seen mentions of side loading and other stuff. What should I research how to do?

Thanks.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
On an android box like a Droidbox, you will be able to download Kodi direct from Google play store. Also Droidboxes come loaded with DBMC (Droidbox media centre), a Kodi variant tuned for android. On Amazon devices, Kodi has to be "side loaded".
You will still have to do some work to put Addons on the device. Either individually or by using a "build" prepared by someone else. Sean on this forum has a build which comes well recommended. Check his posts for installation advice. You can also install Addons individually - the Seo Michael web site offers very good advice on this.

Reactions: ChrisM

jt99

Mar 5, 2017
On an android box like a Droidbox, you will be able to download Kodi direct from Google play store. Also Droidboxes come loaded with DBMC (Droidbox media centre), a Kodi variant tuned for android. On Amazon devices, Kodi has to be "side loaded".
You will still have to do some work to put Addons on the device. Either individually or by using a "build" prepared by someone else. Sean on this forum has a build which comes well recommended. Check his posts for installation advice. You can also install Addons individually - the Seo Michael web site offers very good advice on this.

Ok sweet, that's what I needed. Thank you.

Reactions: David Savage