Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
There is no update available at the moment on my box. Will it take a while to show up and does it make a difference whether I check on wifi or wired connection.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yes I agree...before you do any updates Check the OTA Updater 1st, it can take a few days to show up.
Then if you have nothing you could try going to setting, apps and the OTA updater and clear it's data and then try again.

Good luck

Last edited:

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
The update has not been released for T8-S PLUS yet and once the update will be released it will show update available in OTA updater and then you can update your Box.
And just to let you all know there is an update that will be rolled out in a few days, so if you are getting no where while trying to download the OTA, please wait for a few more days.
You can check: https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/droidbox-t8-s-plus-ota-firmware-update-october-2016/

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi shah
I think the point you are missing, hence all the posts on the forum, is we all got emails this morning saying the t8s plus ota update was available.

Just a suggestion, but might it have been better to delay the email until the update was actually available?

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
I have just updated but could only do it using wifi as the Ethernet was "unable to connect to server". Brilliant now I can dual boot to libreELEC. It's much faster than android.

Taofeus

Oct 8, 2016
Is everything else working fine? I've read on the forum that some people had issues with their USB port or other things like that and had to do a factory reset to remove this new version.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Here on planet nigelar everything seems ok although i have not tried everything out yet. Updated via ethernet.

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Same here nigela, updated via ethernet and all is fine.

keyboard on USB is working ok.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Both should be available via the ota download app.
Also on the droidbox blog.
Be very very careful you dont download the latest t8s plus update onto a t8s.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @getyers
Currently there is no update available for T8 and T8-S and if there will any future update for T8 or T8-S then DBX will definitely inform its customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.