CovisGod

May 9, 2020
My RG350M came this morning, I’ve had various similar Handhelds in the past from the JXD s7800b a few years back all the way to the GPD Win 2 so I was curious how this would fair against others I’ve owned,

I have to say I couldn’t be more impressed with the RG350M, it is a lovely bit of kit, it has weight to it which I like, the build quality is quite incredible for something of the price, the screen is amazing, the buttons responsive and the low profile sticks work like a dream.

I started off by inserting the 68gb card that DroidBox ship with the unit and was immediately up and running, I started small trying out a few NES games and eventually started to put this through its paces, loading up the Final Fantasy 7 Rom for the PS1, and guess what? Runs flawlessly. I’ve tried dozens of games I thought the console might struggle with and it’s smashed every single one of them.

It’s just perfect, the right size, the right price, incredible build quality. If anyone is on the fence over which Retro Handheld to buy you honestly can not go wrong with this. Especially from Droidbox who as usual provided excellent customer service, got the console out to me with next day delivery and I will certainly be using them again in the future.

Many Thanks

Reactions: ChrisM

Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,yes m8 ur right its a great little handheld ! I purchased the 350 first as I didn’t know the 35om had any difference & should have done my homework before purchase,I seen that the resolution was slightly higher on the 350m and my eyesight isn’t the best so I returned the 350 for the 350m and its much better for me,also feels better with the metal chassis and joystick positions ! It just feel so much more premium to the 350 and I’m glad I have this one now

Loved the old pro evo games on psx and this runs them easily

Reactions: CovisGod

shawry

May 13, 2020
I received mine yesterday, plagued with problems despite the build quality etc etc, every time I run a game I get a slight crackling sound at the start when loading up a rom, now the screen has a slight buzz too it, not sure if mines faulty but it will drive me insane playing on the rg350m, anyone else with these issues or is it just me?? yes im very familiar with the os and emulators etc etc, kali Linux is something I use for obvious reasons :)

Gritts

May 10, 2020
Hi,yes I get that crack sound when I start roms aswell,not noticed any buzzing sound but will listen out for it

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
I received mine yesterday, plagued with problems despite the build quality etc etc, every time I run a game I get a slight crackling sound at the start when loading up a rom, now the screen has a slight buzz too it, not sure if mines faulty but it will drive me insane playing on the rg350m, anyone else with these issues or is it just me?? yes im very familiar with the os and emulators etc etc, kali Linux is something I use for obvious reasons :)

It can crackle a little at the start and this happens on other devices as well. My guess would be audio buffer or something, but it should stop afterwards. Could you explain in some more detail what you mean by the screen buzzing. If it was purchased from us then we would be happy to set up a return for inspection if needed. Thanks.

shawry

May 13, 2020
It can crackle a little at the start and this happens on other devices as well. My guess would be audio buffer or something, but it should stop afterwards. Could you explain in some more detail what you mean by the screen buzzing. If it was purchased from us then we would be happy to set up a return for inspection if needed. Thanks.

I did speak too someone on live chat today and explained the issues i'm having, a return has been setup which will go ahead, the crackling noise is also present on the original RG350 but not so bad probarbly due too the speakers not been so good on that unit, the buzzing sound does go away after a little while, it sounds like a buzzing hum coming from the very back of the unit, but still if i'm paying over £100 for something then I expect it to be near perfect, also im not the only one having these problems, cheers