sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
WARNING if you are on Firmware v1.0.6 or v1.0.7 DO NOT INSTALL SDFIX from the google app store

DO NOT USE SDfix use this .zip file
Code:
https://droidboxforums.com/threads/write-to-storage-devices-fix-november-2016.7832/

Last edited:
Reactions: David Savage

Mumblez

Oct 22, 2016
London
I seem to have the same problem, no lan / networking on the android side, I've submitted a support email and a message on amazon, not sure what to do next :(

Mumblez

Oct 22, 2016
London
I posted this in another thread but for those of you in this predicament, you can use the fix below:

---
I got the internet working again by copying the platform.xml file from google -https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/master/data/etc/platform.xml
(launch Open/Libre elec and ssh the file, e.g.

scp platform.xml [email protected]:/flash/etc/permissions # replace IP with yours, this is assuming you'll reboot into recovery and factory reset, else try copying to /etc/permissions and reboot

Not ideal as I would prefer to get the original droidbox version, so if anyone can provide that still that would be much appreciated.

But so far everything's working again on the android side.
Regarding the installed HDD, format on the Open/Libre elec side and chmod the root of the new drive 777, e.g.

chmod -R 777 /var/media/HDD #assuming HDD is the name of your drive, if you formatted on the shell and gave it a label then use that, e.g.

mkfs.ext4 -L MyCustomLabel /dev/sda1

# this is assuming you created a partition on the drive with fdisk as /dev/sda1

Jim Mason

Jun 7, 2016
WARNING if you are on Firmware v1.0.6 DO NOT INSTALL SDFIX from the google app store

I just got my replacement Drodibox T8 S Plus, all was working ok logged in to google play store and started downloading my apps, once i installed the SDFIX i got a error cannot parse file (platform.xml) rebooted my box now am back to square one:mad:, no lan works on android side and the usb dont work. libreelec works fine, How can a app from the google play store brake the new firmware, there must be something wrong with this v106 i use to use the SDFIX on the old firmware with no problems.

SO A WARNING if you are on Firmware v1.0.6 DO NOT INSTALL SDFIX from the google app store.

I guess ill be back on the phone again at 10am Monday morning:)

this is the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix

my box is now fixed to Thanks to Jim ;)

Can anybody post how to sort this out please - I read this too late and now have the same problem.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Hi Mumblez, what gets to me is why tec support didn't offer me this file when i was on the phone with them, they just seamed to fob me off and told me it was in the hands of the devs, and another person phones up and gets the file , not what i call top class customer support.

as it stands now the way firmware v1.0.6 works and you cant Wright to your internal SSD/USB/SDCARD i cant recommend this box to my friends.

Last edited:

Mumblez

Oct 22, 2016
London
Hi Mumblez, what gets to me is why tec support didn't offer me this file when i was on the phone with them, they just seamed to fob me off and told me it was in the hands of the devs, and another person phones up and gets the file , not what i call top class customer support.

as it stands now the way firmware v1.0.6 works and you cant Wright to your internal SSD/USB/SDCARD i cant recommend this box to my friends.

Hi Edwin,

Maybe they just want to work on a more elegant solution that might be shown on the fix it menu, to be fair the steps I laid out are a little fiddly and only applies to linux / mac users.

Regarding writeable storage, the new platform.xml file should resolve this, I can confirm as I have a seperate 2.5" HDD installed. I chmod'd the root of the drive 777, maybe that is what you need to do (in libreElec), in LibreElec it will mount it under /var/media/[name of drive], chmod -R 777 /var/media/[name of drive] and see if that helps.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Hi Edwin,

Maybe they just want to work on a more elegant solution that might be shown on the fix it menu, to be fair the steps I laid out are a little fiddly and only applies to linux / mac users.

I sent them 3 emails on Monday not a single email back, phoned twice. i wish i was still in my 16 day from buying the box, i would send it back and get my money back, i have lost faith in Droidbox.

yes backups works ok in libreelec its just on the android side i cant backup my builds, so for now i gotta back up over my SMB network.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I've got issues with Audio in LibreELEC and is starting to annoy me.
But I know it will get fixed, just might take a bit longer then what I thought.
I'm sure your issue will be sorted soon to.

Dave

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Hi yes Chris told me to email him and he was going to send me info on fixing my box, and i phoned and left a message and no one got back to me, its ok now i got the firmware and re flashed the box, Thanks to Jim on this forum, or my box would still be not working. yes the email was sent from my gmail acc, and i pooped into the live web chat, it was busy and it told me to leave a off line message which i did. and never got a email back.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Popped.
I'd definitely remember someone pooping.

I'm Chris by the way.

Don't know what happened to your message then, my apologies. We try to make sure all cases get responded to, and even if a solution isn't instantly available, to at least acknowledge receipt and give a brief outline of what will happen/change.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
aaaah, Hi Chris, pooped lmfbo :p

its cool Chris i got my box sorted now that's the main thing, what got to me is that i did ask for the firmware on the phone and was told that you dont like to give it out, then i see another user on this forum had just got off the phone with DBX and got a copy of the v106 firmware, if it was not for that guy posting the firmware link my box would still be unusable now.

Chris can you tell me if the Devs are looking into why we cant read write to our internal ssd/usb/sdcard on the android side and ofc we dont want to use that SDfix.

thanks for your help Chris.