Graham Engley

Sep 24, 2015
Hello Guys,

My box freezes on the Openelec screen then I have to do a reset and wipe all data and reinstall all programs again.

Is there a fix for this.

Work fine for a few weeks or so then i turn it on gets stuck on the Openelec screen and i have to start all again.

Hopefully there is a fix for this dam thing!!!!

And the box just goes to a black screen and i have to turn it off sometimes too.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If the problem remains, can you let us know which (if any) Wizard/Build you're using in openELEC please. Also any settings tweaking add-ons that are run, maybe we can narrow down the range of suspects.

Graham Engley

Sep 24, 2015
I have updated all of the software to the most recent and it's happened again.

I have no builds installed just the standard kodi build.

I can now boot into android but I can't start openelec just gets stuck on the startup screen

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
The fix is obvious to me, switch to android kodi and you'll be sorted, that is my personal opinion of course but I amongst many others just prefer android as it's much more user friendly and safe, it just works! Openelec is too restrictive, you need yo know your stuff using it and can mess up quickly in my view, it is Linux based end of the day so not just your switch on and off you go operating system. Again just my opinions, is upto which route you choose, hope you get sorted either way.