mafriedlander

Jun 3, 2016
My box comes on but freezes on the mxq logo. Don't know much about the box, my son gave it to me. Don't know how to turn off either. Blue light stays on all the time. Hadn't used it for the last week. When I went to use it today wouldn't go off home page. Unplugged it and now its stuck on logo.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi mafriedlander.
I think the best advice i can offer is to ask your son to contact the original supplier for help. Hopefully if it a hardware fault it is still covered by guarantee.
It is possible that a factory reset may work - google to find the method for your particular type of box.
Good luck.

mafriedlander

Jun 3, 2016
Hi mafriedlander.
I think the best advice i can offer is to ask your son to contact the original supplier for help. Hopefully if it a hardware fault it is still covered by guarantee.
It is possible that a factory reset may work - google to find the method for your particular type of box.
Good luck.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
As a matter of interest, which software mafriendlander? How were you able to do that if the box was frozen?

mafriedlander

Jun 3, 2016
I googled reset frozen mxq box and went through the results. The only problem is that it is v13 not 16. You save the file (its 3) on an sd card and put it in the sd slot, hit the reset button and it boots automatically. Give me some time and i'll find the website i used.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
No that's ok. So you refreshed the firmware. Thanks for your update.