sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi all can anyone recommend a tutorial on how to ftp into my device and browse/transfer files pls (had enough of usb in usb out) still a bit wet behind the ears on this 1 and need to learn this fast. Cheers ps. A couple of my usb's have been wiped (please insert disk message in windows) when connected to PC when doing that way in the t8-s plus (probably used a system cleaner with usb still connected:(

Last edited:

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Easiest way I use... On your box install FTP demo from play store, when it's installed launch it and turn it on.

On windows I use filezilla client, in the connection at the top of the window put the IP address from FTP demo, port is usually 21, user name and password are ftp. To me it's the easiest.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks for that mate, have got filezilla on PC just wasn't sure what to use on box.

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Thanks for that mate, have got filezilla on PC just wasn't sure what to use on box.
I've been using that since my ouya, tried with ES on the box but... Nope. Couldn't get my head around it. The app is actually called FTP Server (demo), I just call it demo, it's by a Pieter on play store, like I said, really easy.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thank for that Gaz av downloaded that on box n will av a maul with it when the missus has watched her soaps (I know my place):)

Reactions: thegazsheard

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
all sorted now but couldn't fathom out how to transfer to my now ext hdd so just transferred to box then put it on usb powered hdd. Am I missing a trick there?

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
If you ext HDD is connected via USB, FTP into it via filezilla, then if memory recalls it's sdcard/storage/emulated/external/ then the HDD name. I use the Openelec mode so Android path is a bit sketchy in memory... Old age me thinks...

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
None of those you mention are available options mate to try n access hdd usb in filezilla. All I can get from Remote site| /Download is:- .aptoide .estrongs Android backups DCIM Download Notifications OTA-Updater Ringtones. U mention Openelec mode Gaz?? Way above me ed, I must be ancient lol;)

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
Just double checked, error on my part... Defo old age lol. In FTP server demo, select advanced settings, there is then an option saying stay in folder... What ever this is change it to /

Then load up filezilla FTP to the box address from FTP server demo address, then in the right pane you should see remote site /

Then the box below you should see a folder labeled storage, open that then external storage, that will show one, two or however many folders named after your HDD, open which one you want then viola!

Again sorry I missed the advanced settings... I'm getting old...

Reactions: sean99

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
While am on a roll how did you access the Openelec files from FileZilla as have never seen any using es f e on box? TIA

thegazsheard

Dec 7, 2015
To FTP into Openelec, as in accessing the HDD files, in Openelec mode select system to find the IP address, the port number will either be 21, 22 or 80. If it asks for a password to grant access it's, root for the username and openelec for the password. Location of Openelec's files are found in:

User/share/Kodi

And/or

Storage/.Kodi

That's a hidden folder, the first location is where the Openelec splash screen is located, the second one where all your user data (addons etc) are stored.

However there is a stop on the box that doesn't allow transfer of all of these files over, be it to an SD card/external HDD or PC. The files seem to be in the second location. I've always got failed on either guisettings or sources .XML.

I did awhile ago contact live chat and spoke to Igor about this and he confirmed its not possible to move them... Hope that help sean99.

Reactions: sean99